mustangstofear

69-70 coupe headliner

Once the sail panels were installed we noticed they need a little more material at the bottom. I'm glad we caught this before the mold for them was made.

What sail panels?

Thanks for the update along with the pics. Looks great so far. My coupe just went into paint and body. Probably be another two months before I see it back. But I'm ready to purchase the headliner anytime it's put into production. Will the upper console be an option like on the fastback, or will it be part of the standard package? If an option, how much additional? I kind of like it.

Ok boys,  here's where we are at. The headliner mold is done,  but needs a little touch up. The sail panels and A- Pillars are just a pattern and now molds will be made for them. Next those 2 molds have to be attached to the headliner mold.  I'm picking it all up to have another company do this work. 

5 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

MTF, I wish the upper console had a pocket for sunglasses- any plans to do that?

Seriously ? Do you have any Idea how long I've been working on this nightmare LOL. How about I throw in a string for everyone to go around your glasses :) 

2 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

Seriously ? Do you have any Idea how long I've been working on this nightmare LOL. How about I throw in a string for everyone to go around your glasses :) 

Yeah seriously, whats up there on almost any modern car? A place for sunglasses. I think you missed the boat- all that for a couple of lights. I'm sure they give some functionality, but jeez. If you drive in the daytime you would probably be reaching up there for sunglasses... if it had it. So when is it used, when you need to read a map. That's a dying industry, now its on your smart phone. Just saying, but I guess that boat has sailed.

On 4/29/2017 at 6:02 PM, Mach1 Driver said:

Yeah seriously, whats up there on almost any modern car? A place for sunglasses. I think you missed the boat- all that for a couple of lights. I'm sure they give some functionality, but jeez. If you drive in the daytime you would probably be reaching up there for sunglasses... if it had it. So when is it used, when you need to read a map. That's a dying industry, now its on your smart phone. Just saying, but I guess that boat has sailed.

We we're really trying to modernize the original look,  it's basically what everyone wanted.  We did upgrade to LED for lights, which are used more for convenience get in and out of the car. We have  them wired so when you open the doors they come on. The way the factory did it you had to use the switches. 

On 6/8/2017 at 11:28 AM, Johns Summer of 69 said:

So what's the latest with this project?

I just talked to them yesterday. They got the headliner mold all smooth out and made a new overhead console to fit the coupe better. We were hoping to run all the parts on one box, but it appears the 69-70 coupe is just a little larger than the 65-68 coupe. So that means they have to run the sailpanels and A-pillars on a separate box. So now it will cost us more since our manufacturer can't run the parts off one sheet of ABS :(