mustangstofear

69-70 coupe headliner

I'm seriously looking at doing the headliner for the coupe. I found a very nice and depenable guy that has been making molds for me. So, what I really need to know is how much demand is there for it  ? I have at least 40 other new products I could spend my money on.

Rick, have you ever given any thought to reproducing the stainless roof rail weather strip molding/retainer for the 69 and 70 sports roof? Oddly enough, they are reproduced for the 67 - 68 FB but nothing is reproduced for the 65 - 66 FB or the 69 - 70 sports roof.

I also think people would pay decent money for a quality set of 69 grill molding. Especially the thin and wide pieces on the left and right

Rick, have you ever given any thought to reproducing the stainless roof rail weather strip molding/retainer for the 69 and 70 sports roof? Oddly enough, they are reproduced for the 67 - 68 FB but nothing is reproduced for the 65 - 66 FB or the 69 - 70 sports roof.

I also think people would pay decent money for a quality set of 69 grill molding. Especially the thin and wide pieces on the left and right

I think the cost for tooling for the roof rail molding would make my hair stand on end LOL. The lower grille molding is the only that I know of that doesn't fit well.

The weather strip channel  for the 67 -68 fast back will work on the 65-66 fast back if you cut about 3/4 of an inch off the door side at the bottom .The thin backing trim you can leave out and just paint the door jamb.

The weather strip channel  for the 67 -68 fast back will work on the 65-66 fast back if you cut about 3/4 of an inch off the door side at the bottom .The thin backing trim you can leave out and just paint the door jamb.

I just read that on another forum about a guy trying it.

I pulled the trigger on the headliner today, it should be ready in a couple of months. If anyone is close by and would like a FREE headliner installed  for the use of mocking it up let me know. I prefer you have a back seat and the parcel shelf for fitment.

MTF I would like to help out. Interior is complete. What would it take to par take in volunteering my 69 Coupe? Thanks Bill