Sign in to follow this  
Bill_C

Looking for help in New York

Hi all I'm new here. I have been lurking for a long time and finally joined. I am looking for a good shop in the capital area of NY. I had my 70 fastback in bodyshop jail for two years getting redone. Now after a year I thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel only to find the paint in my driver's side A pillar starting to bubble with rust. It looks like I need to replace the inner and outer kick panel area and the cowl panel. I realy don't want to tackle this one myself. Worst part is finding this after paint. I am definately not giving another penny to the shop I had do the original work. I guess I fell into the category a lot of others have with shoddy work. Thanks for listening.

RPM I'm not that computer savy. Let's see if this link works. http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Bill_Chomycz/library/Facebook/mustang%20pics?sort=3&page=1

I started this project about eight years ago. It was a plain 302 fastback that did't look like it was in too bad a shape. I think we all know how that goes. So far I've replaced the floors, engine compartment panels and trunk floors. The sad part is I did all of this outside in my driveway. I saved up enough money to get the body work done and the doors and quarters were replaced. That took about two years for the shop to complete.

I had Lykens Motorsports build me a 408C dynoed at 522hp at 6000 and 499lbs/ft at 4500. That pretty much sums up the story of my money pit. That leads me to today finding the rust bubling through the door post and A-pillar on the driver's side. I've also noticed the body filler at the quarter panel seams shrunk and has cracked the paint. So I'm kind of feeling bummed at this point. I'm not giving up though. I've come this far.

Just uploaded some more pics.http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Bill_Chomycz/library/?sort=3&page=1

Why is Pack adding thumbnails to my post? I tried to edit them out and it won't let me.

Jim

I'm pretty sure its not Pak, seems to been a quirk in the software since it was upgraded.

Do you ever hear from Larry? Do you still have the rack parts you offered up a while back? Tried to PM you awhile back but your box was full.

Grabber70Mach,

Sorry about that. I don't use the site a ton anymore after all of my old posts got removed since the site update. I also didn't know that my message box was full. Apparently the update made several duplicates of messages. Anyway, I deleted a bunch of them. I e-mailed Larry just before Carlisle to see if he was going down there. Send me a message to refresh what rack parts you are referring.

Jim