Tony Coupe-r

Seat belt warning light wiring ground?

Guys,

I just got a replacement seat belt warning relay and associated wiring. The relay is what appears to be a used part. I'm curious if anyone has wired this up? If so, was there a ground? It looks like the bolt tab on the relay is broken off, and I suspect this is what provided ground to the relay and associated circuit. This is what I picked up:

http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/10003191.html

and

http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/13152-Wiring-Harness-Assembly-Seat-Belt-Reminder-Standard-Used-1968-Mercury-Cougar.html

Also if you know what type of fuse goes in the wire that would be helpful as the fuse did not ship with the wiring-

Best,

-Tony

Can anyone post a picture of the seat belt warning light? I have a hole just above the ignition and wiper knob, but not sure what goes in the hole. I believe my car is supposed to have deluxe seat belts.

Thanks

I believe that hole is for the "park" light.  If you had a "belts" light, you would have two holes in the dash - one above and one below the ignition/wiper (assuming you had tach and visibility group).  If you don't have the visibility group, the belts light is in the cluster itself.

What is the "park" light? Parking brake light? What is the 2 light combo for seat belts?

Yea, its a parking brake reminder light.  I believe it and the belts light are on a relay and only stay illuminated for a little bit, then go off.  There is a switch or ground contact on the parking brake itself.  Im guessint eh 2 light combo means the park and belts light.