Tony Coupe-r

1969 Coupe vs Shelby Deck Lid

Folks,

I'm in desparate need of a new deck lid for my Coupe project. Unfortunately, this is one item body-wise I don't believe anyone reproduces (that is, without the duck-tail spoiler, etc). I've seen a few on e-bay and CL, but in no better shape than my original.

I did find a shelby fiberglass from ClassicDiscountParts, the only picture is of the bottom- the pattern underneath looks like the coupe, but I can't tell if it has the ducktail spoiler.

I'm curious if anyone knows if the two ('69 shelby vs coupe) are interchangeable?

Also, if anyone has a '69 coupe deck lid that is in good shape they are willing to part ways with, please let me know-

Regards,

-Tony

All the Shelby trunklids have the spoiler and you will need the matching extensions as well. One of the members here, Ridge Runner does the shelby rear and is tooling up to do a Shelby de Mexico coupe trunklid. If you check out the thread "lets make a fiberglass hood" he has photo's etc of the shelby rear.

I have the same problem, my trunklid is repairable but isn't the best. Mostly pitting under the rubber and flakes dropping out from the frame. I prefer the stock rear as well, but would go with the mexican rear if the original is too far gone.