Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

On-Site Restoration Services Ideas

I spent three days in Carlisle with a group of friends there were vending, selling all of their left over parts.  For three days I sat there walking around and trying to come up with ideas of what kinds of on-site restoration services some one could start.  The thought is that someone buys a used part they need a the swap meet and then can come drop the part off for restoration and repair and pick the part up later completely restored.

So I'm wondering what kinds of on-site restoration services would you like to see or have access to? Or what type of specialty niche services that are hard to find would you like to have available? 

A couple of ideas I have come up with are:

Carburetor rebuild services: On-site complete carburetor cleaning and rebuilds.  The downside to this is that there is no way to do the zinc replating or have a way to test carbs once rebuilt.

Gauge restoration services: Complete gauge restoration and repair.  New lenses, faces, quartz clock upgrades, plastic repair, etc.

Wiring harness repairs can be done on-site, but require a large amount of storage space for cannibalizable harnesses, tools, and supplies.  I've thought about it, but I don't think there's enough of a demand for it to warrant bringing all of those supplies.  Besides, who wants to watch a grumpy ol' guy work? *G*

Just a thought, how about some type of parts cleaning or glass bead/media blasting service.  When people leave they can take home clean rust free parts.  Plus, most people don't have those capabilities working in their home garage. 

Just a thought, how about some type of parts cleaning or glass bead/media blasting service.  When people leave they can take home clean rust free parts.  Plus, most people don't have those capabilities working in their home garage. 

That was a thought as well, but the issue would be the noise.  Between the air compressor and generator.  Wouldn't take long to drive your neighboring vendors nuts.