rwcstang

Windowfelt recommendations

Depends on your budget.  The expensive ones they now carry are relatively new and better made and more concourse correct.  I have the cheaper ones and had issues with the drivers outer beltline that has the tab that sticks down with the rivet.  The rivet was catching on the stainless rear window trim. I removed the tab and all is well now.  Never have figured out what the tab was for.

When you say the new expensive ones, who makes them or sells them?

I assume you have seen them on a car, is there that much difference?

Price makes some difference, but fit and functionality is more important.

As far as concours correct, that went out the window a long time ago, LOL

I believe the more expensive ones have a "concours" correct fastener.  However after installing the more expensive ones and breaking half the fasteners I ordered the cheaper ones and was much happier.

david

okay, yeah I was surprised at the prices I was looking at and from the photos they all look at the same, then again no one really updates pictures on online stores. 

ill go with the cheapo ones then, this car isn't concourse correct anyways lol 

Two question related to window felt. Can you buy replacement snap in fasteners for these? My felt is in great shape, but some of the fastener clips are broken.

Also, shouldn't the door window rub the out felt? When I reassembled my door, there's a pretty good gap between the glass and the felt.