Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Mac

SSBC Front and Rear Disk Brakes

I just ordered 13" front and rear Baer brakes, so my current setup will become available.  They are SSBC disks, P/N A133-3, A111-2.  Fronts fit 1970 mustang drum brake spindles.  Rears fit small bearing standard flange. Fronts are 11" four piston aluminium fixed calipers with braided hoses and slotted zinc plated disks.  Rears are aluminium sliding calipers with slotted zinc plated disks, like an early 90's thunderbird style.  EBC red brake pads with very little wear. Rotors are straight and never been turned.  ~12yr old brakes with low mileage, never been in the rain, no corrosion anywhere.  Original parts list and instructions.  Will fit 14" magnum 500's. I can send pictures, price TBD.  Alan       

I called SSBC, they said they will bolt up. NOTE: In 69 there were two drum spindles, a small bearing and big bearing shaft.  The big bearing shaft is the same as the 70 spindle shaft dia. I believe the 70 spindle shaft is 1.375 dia.  Worst case you is would need a new set of bearings if you have the small shaft (1.250 dia ?).  For the fronts I paid $1125.00  plus red EBC pads. .I'll sell the kit for 40% the original price.  I also have a EXTRA new set of the front aluminium caliper assemblies (that were replaced due to defect), they just need a bit of clearance for the disk edge,  No big deal but as a new kit, SSBC just replaced them.  They go with the kit.   Alan    

I called SSBC, they said they will bolt up. NOTE: In 69 there were two drum spindles, a small bearing and big bearing shaft.  The big bearing shaft is the same as the 70 spindle shaft dia. I believe the 70 spindle shaft is 1.375 dia.  Worst case you is would need a new set of bearings if you have the small shaft (1.250 dia ?).  For the fronts I paid $1125.00  plus red EBC pads. .I'll sell the kit for 40% the original price.  I also have a EXTRA new set of the front aluminium caliper assemblies (that were replaced due to defect), they just need a bit of clearance for the disk edge,  No big deal but as a new kit, SSBC just replaced them.  They go with the kit.   Alan