Sign in to follow this  
michael2938

351 Emblems

I just happened to come across these on eBay and it says they are NOS fender emblems.  I have never seen these before on any '69... has anybody else?  What bodystyle or options included this badge originally?  Where did it go on the fender exactly?  It just seems like a more modern style for some reason.

$_57.JPG

What is the part # on the box? That will tell you what year they were designed for.

Part number indicates it's a '69 part.  From the description:  Up for auction is a NOS pair of '351' fender emblems for a 1969-1970 Mustang.  They are brand new original Ford and in very nice condition.  They do have some imperfections as pictured but nothing too serious.  Part number C9ZZ-16228-A

They had these for both 351 & 390 cars for use on non Mach 1 / GT cars that did not come with a hood scoop or shaker.   Not all had them though.

My brother bought an all original (including paint) 302 C4 convertible back in the 80's and it had the 351 emblems on it.   Someone obviously trying to pull a fast one at some point !!   The people he had bought it from had it since '69 or 70 and had no explanation as to why those badges were on the car. ... don't think they were the original owners though.

Also had blacked out headlight buckets and taillight panel, so someone (maybe even the dealer) tried to spruce it up when it was new or almost new.

Doug    

RWC ... was your car a 250 or 200 ci six car ??

Just curious

Doug

it was suppose to be a 250 but I had a 200, the motor was switched out at one point just not sure when. my dad, still keeps in touch with its original owner from time to time. I gotta ask him what happened. lol

They had these for both 351 & 390 cars for use on non Mach 1 / GT cars that did not come with a hood scoop or shaker.   Not all had them though.

+1. They're similar to hood scoop badges but the fender badges are parallelograms, the hood scoop emblems are rectangular.

Mike65 and 69RavenConv are correct....

My first 69 mustang was a 351 powered Grande that I bought in April of 1973.

Those particular emblems were located immediately under the fender Mustang script

such that the 351 emblem was centered between the leading part of the "M" and the

lower tail of the "g"....

The parallelogram emblem was only on the fender whereas the rectangular emblem was

unique to the hood scoop.

those are some nice emblems, i was thinking of getting some myself though my car originally was a 6cyl :(

Your car looks perfect without badges. It would distract from the look your car pulls off.

Thanks for posting that.  I thought I searched but maybe I just did a terrible job at it.  :)  I did also see that Scott Drake appears to be reproducing them now:

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C9ZZ-16228-A.aspx?wid=141

-Mike