Max Power

Aftermarket Intake Manifold Vacuum Fittings

OK, maybe you guys can save me a bunch of time since many of you may have dealt with this. The attached pic is a vacuum block on the intake for my 351w based stroker. The vacuum is for the power brakes and transmission modulator. The damn thing gets in the way. I have had to modify the dual feed inlet for my Holley, and now I want to install an aftermarket throttle cable bracket (better than my bent factory 2v one) and that hits it as well. The thing is just in the way.

What have you guys used in this location? My Holley has an unused vacuum feed in the front, so I could eliminate the smaller vacuum line to the tranny, the vacuum feed at the rear of the Holley feeds the PCV, so basically I would only need to feed the power brakes. Something much lower profile would be ideal. I know it is a 38" NPT fitting, so that is a start.

image1_zps3ohlnzfx.jpg

Otherwise, modify your current block and cut off the top nipple and drill/tap/plug it, then drill/tap a side port and install a nipple there.  Not sure on fitting or vacuum hose sizes, but the below may also be an option:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intake-Manifold-Chrome-Steel-Vacuum-T-Fitting-1-2-Thread-1-4-1-2-Nipple-/201331516270

Have you consider using a brass 90 elbow and relocating the vacuum to the firewall tree like used on the 70 mustangs?  See below

$(KGrHqZ,!kwE1LE+cVU-BN,wQCIsMQ~~_12.JPG

j9031gardner23.jpg

I have thought of that. With only 2 feeds necessary (don't wanna mix PCV with the rest) that might be overkill, but if the elbow is low enough profile, is is an option.

Otherwise, modify your current block and cut off the top nipple and drill/tap/plug it, then drill/tap a side port and install a nipple there.  Not sure on fitting or vacuum hose sizes, but the below may also be an option:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intake-Manifold-Chrome-Steel-Vacuum-T-Fitting-1-2-Thread-1-4-1-2-Nipple-/201331516270

Modifying current would be a PITA, especially given the number of fixtures out there, but I have seen a lot like the link you posted. problem is in 2D, it's difficult to see how much lower profile they really are.

Yeah, seems like Edelbrock really wants you to run one of their carbs. Looking at pics online the the RPM Airgap for the 351w application, they don't have a vacuum fitting at all. Not sure what those people are doing for power brakes etc. Maybe running off the carb or using a spacer with a fitting, although hood clearance is already an issue with the Air Gap. My Carb has two 3/8's fittings, maybe I will re-plumb off of that.