Ridge Runner

69 and 70 coupe convert end caps

Coupe and conv use the same end caps.

69 and 70 use different end caps from one another

They will mostly line up but there is a body line difference a little higher on the 70 qtr that will not match up and they won't match at the tail panel

Bob

If your planning on making a deck lid with matching caps, then it won't make any difference. For example the 67-68 coupe / convertible are different than the fastback. But when we made our decklid for the coupes we used our fastback end caps so we only needed one set of end caps for all of them.

It appears the 70 quarters are different where the end caps bolt up ,the shape is different .The 69 has a sharp point at the top and is more dished leading up to the trunk lid but the 70 has a flattened top point and is less dished .i have never worked on a 70 coupe or convert so i haven't been able compare this .I have noticed on one of the web sites ,i think it was Branda ,that 69 end caps for the shelby convert have to be modified for a 70 .

Does any one have a pic of the end of a 70 coupe or convert with the caps off ?Or even with the caps on for that matter ?

It appears the 70 quarters are different where the end caps bolt up ,the shape is different .The 69 has a sharp point at the top and is more dished leading up to the trunk lid but the 70 has a flattened top point and is less dished .i have never worked on a 70 coupe or convert so i haven't been able compare this .I have noticed on one of the web sites ,i think it was Branda ,that 69 end caps for the shelby convert have to be modified for a 70 .

Does any one have a pic of the end of a 70 coupe or convert with the caps off ?Or even with the caps on for that matter ?

the green parts car i have,   the caps are off right now,   not sure where i put the caps, somewhere in the mess stacked behind the shelby in garage i think.  so what pics you need exactly ?

I need a pic of the end of the quarter but i found out the end caps for the 69 are shaped different from a 70 so 69 Shelby end caps will not fit a 70. The 69 outer point is taller than the 70 ,and the 70 is kind of blunt at the outer point and shorter than the 69 .

Looks like i will need to find a 70 to make end caps ,otherwise the 69s have to be modified and most would not be able to do that .

Branda and all the others list the end caps as the same and they are not ,in fact no one has the correct caps for a 70

I need a pic of the end of the quarter but i found out the end caps for the 69 are shaped different from a 70 so 69 Shelby end caps will not fit a 70. The 69 outer point is taller than the 70 ,and the 70 is kind of blunt at the outer point and shorter than the 69 .

Looks like i will need to find a 70 to make end caps ,otherwise the 69s have to be modified and most would not be able to do that .

Branda and all the others list the end caps as the same and they are not ,in fact no one has the correct caps for a 70

Ridge, 

When branda says they'll fit 69 & 70 they're most probably speaking only of the shelbys. Remember, 70 shelbys are leftover 69 cars.