Sign in to follow this  
Fantastic

eBay woes

So here is my rant.

I bought a part off eBay. It was $20. But eBay then charged me $14.95 shipping, plus $7.88 import fee.

Then the seller tells me that he shipped it, and it cost him $2.09 for shipping. I check PayPal and I see that the transaction has been split, $20 to the seller, and $22.83 to Pitney Bowes.

So, I ask myself....what the heck just happened here? And what do I do about it?

Pitney Bowes does a lot of shipping to/from overseas.  Sounds like you paid the seller for the part and PB for the shipping/taxes.  Doesn't look like the seller got $2.09 though.

Do nothing if you think the part is work $42.83.  Gripe with the seller and ebay if the cost is too much.

I've seen similar breakouts when I buy sports jerseys from overseas.  BTW - the best made jerseys around. 

Gotta hate Pitney BLOWS myself.

Sorry if anyone here works there, I've just had negative experiences with their products, service and support for decades.

Bummer though, I've gotten where I do not hardly buy anything off ebay test isn't free shipping myself.

Stephen

It's ebay's "Global Shipping Program".....

Seller offers free shipping within US (whether they realize it or not, another story)... Ebay shows you the cost for them for them to act as a middle-man. You pay sales tax + shipping fees to pitney bowes.

The nice thing about it -- is no UPS brokerage fee when the item shows up.