Sign in to follow this  
Glenn83

Angle milling carb flange on intake.

I've milled one for added clearance but not at an angle.  Even at that, there is not material that can be removed.

I would hesitate to angle mill because the carb studs need to be perpendicular to the gasket surface.  I guess its theoretically possible to weld the bolt holes then redrill and tap them perpendicular to the gasket surface.

Yep im hearing what ya saying, i was thinking the same thing, maybe the stud holes in the carb could be opened up abit which could allow it the to sit flat on the base,  but i dunno....

How much angle are you talking about?

If it's only a little there should not be a problem with it as long as you have the meat to remove from the intake.

The holes in the carb base would not have to be opened up much and some good washers under the nuts should fix the rest

Bob

Yeah you can slot the holes in the carb base plate.  But, also it the studs are not perpendicular to the gasket surface the nuts and flat washers will not contact the carb base plate correctly when you tighten them.  Maybe if you make flat washers with the same angle on one side to place on top of the carb base plate under each nut it will work.  I guess if you don't mind things being slightly skewed and miss aligned you can skip the angled washers. But, I don't think the carb would tighten down very well. 

How is the shaker going to fit anyway?  Not only is the Victor Jr. much taller, but the carb pad is moved much farther forward than the stock manifold.

lol, thats pretty cool.

They use them on XY falcons in australia which are very popular here. Just an idea though, maybe i might just stick to the original plan and use a boss 429 scoop.

They use them on XY falcons in australia which are very popular here. Just an idea though, maybe i might just stick to the original plan and use a boss 429 scoop.

You're probably better off with your original plan of a Boss 429 scoop or even no scoop.  That small air filter provided with the shaker assembly from Australia might not feed your 408.  Plus that shaker assembly just doesn't have a high quality look to it. 

I have had a plan of sorts.

I wa thinking of mounting the shaker scoop to the hood. Then seal that to the air cleaner.

It won't sake with the engine but it can feed sold air and won't be as sensitive to positioning

Bob