coz

What are your other "hobbies"....

When the war birds come to Porterville Calif. they do most of their flights right over my house .We set back in a lawn chair and watch the fun all day .

A lot of famous air craft has been at Visalia airport at one time or another ..Harrison Fords  Crashed plane  was at Visalia ,it even has Visalia on the side of it .

The owner of the Strathmore air port built smaller scale WWII replica birds ,i helped him assemble some wings when he needed some help ,actually i held it while he did the work but it was still a lot of fun.

Hey Sportsroof1969, if you like F4U Corsairs, then you might be interested to know who went to the high school where I teach.  I teach Army JROTC at Lincoln High School in Tacoma, WA.  Gregory "Pappy" Boyington was class of 1930.  You would never guess that one of the most famous people to be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor went here though.  There is nothing to show it.  No classroom named after him, no plague on a wall, nothing!  My JROTC kids and a small part of the school alumni association have been fund raising for 2 years now, and we have $7,000 of the estimated $10,000 to have a monument put in the school courtyard area.  You would think with all the old "Baa Baa Black Sheep" TV show fans, something would have been done in the 1970's, but nope, nothing.  

I have no idea why the picture of brake parts is attached.  I didn't put it there, and I can't delete it.

Love the old warbirds! Been in a aerobatic plane twice, a Christen Eagle with a 6 cyl. Hammerhead stalls are absolutely wild.

OT

I've started riding my bike again, Used to fish & camp, would like to be doing that come retirement time. I enjoy architecture, reading and dabbling in it in CAD. Got a new RIA 1911 45ACP compact, I used to shoot a lot years ago. Like just about anything car or aircraft related.

Hey Sportsroof1969, if you like F4U Corsairs, then you might be interested to know who went to the high school where I teach.  I teach Army JROTC at Lincoln High School in Tacoma, WA.  Gregory "Pappy" Boyington was class of 1930.  You would never guess that one of the most famous people to be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor went here though.  There is nothing to show it.  No classroom named after him, no plague on a wall, nothing!  My JROTC kids and a small part of the school alumni association have been fund raising for 2 years now, and we have $7,000 of the estimated $10,000 to have a monument put in the school courtyard area.  You would think with all the old "Baa Baa Black Sheep" TV show fans, something would have been done in the 1970's, but nope, nothing.  

I have no idea why the picture of brake parts is attached.  I didn't put it there, and I can't delete it.

That's awesome. Good luck!

PM says you can't receive more messages.  Try PMing me with an e-mail address.

cleaned out the inbox, had a whole bunch of old messages from old site when it switched, probly same with yours.

My two boys and I have RC trucks.  My wife could care less, until she sees the receipt after we come back from the hobby shop with a bag of parts.  I have a few videos of my now 9 year old driving his.  It's pretty fun, when you find the right spot.  The street gets boring pretty quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABTjzS3scQ

Interesting seeing the various IT people here, been my lively hood since the mid 80's myself. Doesn't seem like that long though.

In any manner I have way too many hobbies which is why the Stang is still in the garage.

Besides the side tracks with the 88 TurboCoupe, 85 SVO, and 89 4x4 Ranger I've been sidetrack by the following:

1) Stopmotion Brickfilms - http://Protowrxs.com/Stopmotion - Spent a few years in this world when our son was young and got lost in it

2) Home Automation - http://House.Protowrxs.com - our house has been online since 1999 and in various states of working and non working automation

3) Personal Robotics - http://letsmakerobots.com/user/18840/pages/robot - Loads for fun, and time, in this hobby for a while being creative

4) Chopper Bikes - http://protowrxs.com/bikes - Had fun hacking up bikes and falling off of them

5) MX Motorcycles - http://protowrxs.com/mx - Spent time off road when our boy was growing up

And several other adventures in life such as building an Remote Control mower and go kart... which again is why the 69 Stang is not done :-(

Stephen

I was mad on motorbikes all my life but have had a few years off since my kids kept me more busy then ever.

CBRwheelie_zpsouf4okkc.png

141106JPM_538_zpsyrx6jriy.jpg

And I enjoy my woodwork. I made this for my daughter. It's a miniature of the SP1 I was riding in the last photo.

DSCN4519Large_zps7zbfxwdp.jpg

DSCN4505Large_zps94yvrzk3.jpg

These days I enjoy fishing with my kids. My son loves it but we are still chasing those big trophy fish. All good fun just being out on the water, wetting a line.

IMAG9999_zpslnhmoc1i.jpg

Building a .338 Lapua Magnum, and side cock .308 SR-25 from scratch (receivers and action).  Top SR-25 (AR10) side cock with 20" barrel.  Bottom two, .338 Lapua Magnum designed after a Barrett.  Carbon fiber shrouded 27" barrel, Springfield type action.

post-43293-0-76961400-1432839501.jpg

post-43293-0-26579600-1432839510.jpg

post-43293-0-91598900-1432839517.jpg

I have a couple of hobbies, one of them has been djing for over 15+ years. I play a variety of music (Edm, Top40, Hiphop) at local clubs and bars and playing at popular radio stations in the bay area which I am still doing today.

also I used to build scale models of cars when I had time to kill or when I was sick. I also built a 1:18 scale model of my coupe but kinda never finished it due to other priorties. lol I also like painting and doing graffiti in my black sketch book (taggers used to call them bibles) lol from time to time.

I wanted to do airsofting at one point, but never got around to it.

I wanted to surf but absolutly scared of drowning or sharks eating me, lol. For now my new hobbie is actually traveling went to Cabo a few weeks ago and will be heading out to Singapore before new years.

Dang, my life is down right boring by what y'all do. since I slipped a disc over a year ago my life went from driving (random road trips) snowboarding and heavy work to video games and a fking desk job. no more turning wrenches for a living....  :( i have a hard enough time keeping up with the Mustang nowadays....