Sign in to follow this  
Kingfish

69 MACH 1 CONSOLE WIRING

I just received a complete console assembly from Scott Drake which is actually made by Daniel Carpenter.  The only thing that was not included was the wiring for the cigar/cigarette lighter.  The wiring I've found on-line looks like its way too much wiring just to hook up a cigar lighter. Scott Drake doesn't make one. I'm bothered with what appears to be a lot of extra wires. The new console only has the lighter and no other lights in the ash trays or console box.

Has anyone had any experience wiring a 69 Mach 1 console!

Thanks for any help,  Steve. 

A Mach 1 with automatic transmission would more wires going to the console. A light in the shift indicator and for the back-up light switch.

So 69/70 mustangs with a console and automatic transmission; the shift indicator light wiring connects to the console wiring?  For some reason I thought that the shift indicator light wiring connected to the bundle of wires coming out of the firewall in the engine compartment. For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122013583868?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As I recall the trans wires (in the link above) are separate and are routed into the shifter housing from under car (or under the carpet?), while the two console wires just run out the open front of the console to the under-dash area. The trans has the neutral safety switch and the light wires in its harness.

I did this a year or so ago with the after market harness.  It looks like more than you need but it's set up to also supply power to a ashtray light (you may or may not have installed).  So that is the extra wires splitting off.

I just put the one CJ Pony Parts sells in my car a couple months ago.  The extra wiring goes to lights that my 4 speed car didn't have.  I just put electrical tape over those.  Works fine, so I can now charge my cell phone or GPS while driving.

i am working through the same thing in my 69 sportsroof. i am adding a console. it is an automatic car. i have a cigarette lighter and an ashtray light in the console. there are two plugs coming out of the front of the console along with a ground wire. are there two plugs hanging in the dash for these to plug into ?

The factory console had 3 wires.  A black one that connects to a screw for ground, a blue black one for the ash tray light, and a blue white one for the cig lighter.  The connect to connectors to the right of the wiper switch.