coz

Speakers in the trap door....

Anyone have this trap door installed?  If so, how do you like them?  Any rattle / noise issues?

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_trap_door_custom_black_plastic_paintable-152150-308.html

I was thinking about placing 6x9's in the back seat side panels, some 4" in the front doors and a 10" bass in the back but then saw the trap door with the pods.

Anyone know if you can get a trap door with a single 10" pod?

I installed that trap door in my 69 Mach 1.  I absolutely did not want to cut my original trap door.  It fits as well as the original and the textured finish is much better than I expected.  It works fine but in my opinion it should be made from thicker material.  You have to drill all the mounting holes.  But being plastic it is easy to drill.  When you cut your speaker openings be careful not to cut through the back panel.

Other than the thin plastic, it is a nice part.  I looked for a used original trap door that had already been cut for speakers but had no luck.  I'd use one of these plastic trap doors again before I cut a good original trap door.

Hate to but in but i have a trap door mold for a fiberglass 67-70 .It is double sided and looks just like the original when finished .I made it several years ago for my sisters 70 because i didn't want to cut the original steel one .It doesn't have speaker pods but if you need to cut a door for speakers one of these  would beat cutting up a steel one .

Ridge Runner, you can start you own custom mold company from the talent I saw on the hood. If you can make a trap door and sell it cheaper than whats out there let us know!  BTW, great job on that hood!

Boy, I'll second that motion!

The one i have the molds for is the stock type door .I made the mold from a perfect original ,no dents and perfect original grain ,and it will never dent .I am not sure if i have any pics of the one i made for my sisters car .I probably lost them in the great computer crash of 2012 .

I gel coated my trap door molds this morning along with my hood under brace mold .I will make one today .i was looking at the top part of the mold ,it has a perfect grain finish with no dents from a dented original because the original was perfect .i will have it assembled in the next couple of days .

Welcome to the friendliest Mustang site around Ray! Tell us a bit about yourself and your Mustang, pics, history and where ya live. We do have a thread titled "Come on in, don't be shy, introduce youself!!", but it takes a bit to locate it in the Garage Forum, and it hasn't been used since Nov 2014. But you can do it here, or start a "project progress" thread in that forum.