Shep69

Mach 1 stripes

My car is Candyapple Red, Gold with white stripes, white interior (stripe delete on seats and also does not have the red floor mat inserts). And personally haven't seen another like it. So the chart is not entirely correct.

Haven't got a Marty to confirm my configuration, but I am the 2nd owner (bought it in 1984), so as with anything from back then, if you asked you could order anyway you wanted.

Hmmm,

Pretty sure my paint code is correct Black Jade.  Marti report:

T2eC16Ny0FIwNqWVfBSWq8KTKcw60_3.jpg

But my stripes are black.  Perhaps should be Gold?

T2eC16VkFIeYKgY6oBSWq7smgDg60_57.jpg

I always thought black stripes on a Black Jade car is just way too subdued.  You cant hardly see the stripes, except at night when they shine.

It would be nice to know if they were black stripes from factory, but I am not losing sleep over it.  I will be going gold stripes.

When I purchased my 69 the stripes had been removed. Is there anyway of finding out what colour stripes my car came out the factory with.

those charts are what the car would come with unless ordered with a different color stripe other wise so they are a guide, but may people ordered different colors other than what is recommended . . the only way to know for sure is to get a lois eminger report if one is available for yours or it will be on the build sheet.

the chart below varies from the chart above.

TAPE STRIPE CODE & COLOR AVAILABILITY MACH 1

Color        Code

Black           1

White          2

Red              3

Gold             8

{ INTERIOR TRIM COLOR }

EXT COLOR }               Black     Blue     Red      Ivy Gold     Nugget Gold             White 

Raven Black                      3            2          3              8                   8                         2         

Royal Maroon                   8                        8                                                              8

Black Jade                         8                                        8                    8                        8

Acapulco Blue                    1            2                                                                          2

Aztec Aqua                         1                                                                                        1

Gulfstream Aqua                1                                                                                       1

Lime Gold                           1                                       1                                              1

Wimbledon White               1           1         3               8                   8                         1

Winter Blue                                                                                                                  1

Champagne Gold               1                                                             1                          1

Candyapple Red                1                        6                                                               2

Meadowlark Yellow          1                                         8                   8                           1

Indian Fire                                                                                                                     8

New Lime                          1                                         1                                               1

Silver Jade                        1                                                                                          1

Pastel Gray                       1             1          3               1

all gulf stream shelbys with white interior had gold stripes

1969_Shelby_GT_350_Convertible.jpg

Assembly line T5 paint w/black stripes on my car. I don't think the stripe code would show up on a build sheet unless it was a special order. If I am wrong about that; where on the build sheet to look ? I agree black on black doesn't really accent the car much. Brian

post-33155-0-31381800-1429669583.jpg

Assembly line T5 paint w/black stripes on my car. I don't think the stripe code would show up on a build sheet unless it was a special order. If I am wrong about that; where on the build sheet to look ? I agree black on black doesn't really accent the car much. Brian

it might be on the first line after the vin somewhere or on the 3rd line down in box 39 titled "reflector package".

I had an Acapulco Blue car with black interior and gold stripes. I have seen many AB cars with gold stripes with either white of black interior. I agree, I like the lighter stripes on the darker colors. I even saw a silver jade car where the owner put red stripes on it and it looked fantastic. 

ok thats interesting . . this is something i actually never paid attention to before . . i might still have a few orig 69 mach 1 build sheets i could dig up some day to look at them to see what they say but basically, since the customer could make choices in stripe color, it then becomes an option, and all options should be noted on the build sheet because the line workers need to know what to install on the car.

i suppose this would be a good question for the councous sites etc.

I found my cars build sheet a few years back under the carpet. Its in bad shape and some areas are unreadable. Can you get new build sheets?attachicon.gifimg150.pdf

well if your car was built in michigan, you can get a copy of the gate release [shown below] which is similar to the window sticker but it will not have decal color info on it.

https://www.martiauto.com/eminger2.cfm

images%5Cfordinvoice.jpg

On the subject of stripes......does anyone have experience with these stripe kits from Mustang market? Here is the link: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331347409395&globalID=EBAY-US

I've heard Marti has the best but these guys claim accurate 3M...... but not sure about the thickness and how true the coloring is.

Both of the charts shown above show a stripe code of "6" for a candyapple red car having a red interior. I don't see a color listed for the code 6. Misprint? Maybe the 6 should be an 8? Or am I misreading the chart? I have been in the garage most of the day sweating my ass off as I waxed the Mach 1 and am worn out. Dave R.

Our 69 Mach 1, Acapulco blue w/black interior, San Jose build, came with black strips with gold center. The build sheet has a block for "Tape Strip" 2nd row column 41 and the code on our's is "M".

Don't know where the attachments came from and I can't delete them.

My 69 Mach 1 is Meadowlark Yellow with black interior.  I didn't research it and assumed the stripes should be black.  It looks correct.  I purchased the stripes from NPD who was buying them from Stencils and Stripes at that time.

I tend to believe what Barnett says about customers being able to select stripe colors at the time of order and Ford merely made suggestions.  It used to be that way with interior colors as well.

I inquired with Mustang Market in their stripe kits and the following is their response on how they think they compare to the stripe kits Martiauto.com sells:

The wax gets stuck in the overlay style he has. We bought a $25,000 machine to print and melt the gold in the stripe the correct color. Of the two types originally used at Ford 99 percent of our buyers want non overlay ed material which could go on crooked or chip off or get wax in corners. Anyway, we are in the restoration devesion of Ford motor company and sell tons of these with big smiles everywhere.

On the subject of stripes......does anyone have experience with these stripe kits from Mustang market? Here is the link: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331347409395&globalID=EBAY-US

I've heard Marti has the best but these guys claim accurate 3M...... but not sure about the thickness and how true the coloring is.

These kits are heaps cheaper than martiauto and NPD concours style. Thanks for the link Raven . Has anyone used these stipe kits from mustang market?   good or bad . Claim to be a ford licenced product.

UPDATE!!

I did my best to get the "laser" effect from the sunlight hitting the material. The black turns to a silver metallic, the gold turns to a bright metallic gold and the red turns to a shade of orange metallic. The stripes are smooth to the touch. With the stripes from Marti Auto, the inner stripe is an overlay and you can feel that when you run your fingernail over it. Mustang market claims their gold is more correct than other manufacturers. I think they might be the best bang for the buck.

post-38628-0-57656700-1436114370.jpg

post-38628-0-34148900-1436114397.jpg

post-38628-0-96879100-1436114424.jpg

post-38628-0-43745100-1436114457.jpg