Kingfish

Mach 1 Center Console Woodgrain Insert

I was looking to purchase a complete center console for my Mach and found a complete console from CJ PONY PARTs for $713. The picture shows the console with a dark walnut woodgrain insert. All My interior woodgrain is the light teak.

The sales person at CJ's is telling me that the dark walnut is the correct insert.  I have never seen a Mach 1 with the dark walnut console insert. He tells me I can order the console and then spend another $51. to buy the light walnut woodgrain insert but they cannot substitute one for the other. I think thats B.S.!  I think the two types of woodgrain should be optional.

How many of you guys have seen the 69 Mach 1 console with the dark walnut woodgrain insert?

Thanks,  Steve.

My 9/19/68 Metuchen 3A interior dash is Teak and the console insert seems to be Walnut or at least not Teak. Can't explain it, all parts are original, with part numbers. I just figured it had been changed/replaced somewhere along the line. Maybe the sales person was right ? Interesting to see how this post turns out. Brian

post-33155-0-74330000-1429465497.jpg

My '69 Mach is teak and I assume original. I have replaced all of the old wood grain with new except the radio/heater bezel. Get this. CJP told me that that bezel only comes in walnut. Visited other websites and that seems to be true. Called Ohio Mustang and they are shipping to me a set of teak wood grain decals for the bezel.  Dave R.

My stuff is all the darker color but the console that came in the car had a lighter color insert... I thought the Teak was the darker one?

I have a nice driver quality console with the lighter insert in it as well as the arm rest pad that is in excellent condition I would sale ya for 200 bucks, you would just need the ash tray in the back and the wood grain insert.... its currently got a Standard shift top plate I believe...or at least that is what my friend was using it with LOL.

Was told all deluxe interior cars built from late 68 thru January or February of 69 were light teak....then from early 69 and on were dark walnut.

So, I'm having trouble finding the correct console and radio bezel wood grain shade. I have original dash and door insert and the new console insert I have had the correct grain in the material but it is darker walnut. The radio bezel also has the correct grain (from shelbycarz) but is much lighter. I just want a consistent shade for those parts. Frustrating!

Was told all deluxe interior cars built from late 68 thru January or February of 69 were light teak....then from early 69 and on were dark walnut.

So, I'm having trouble finding the correct console and radio bezel wood grain shade. I have original dash and door insert and the new console insert I have had the correct grain in the material but it is darker walnut. The radio bezel also has the correct grain (from shelbycarz) but is much lighter. I just want a consistent shade for those parts. Frustrating!