jgkurz

Glovebox light

Hi all,

I am repairing the wiring in my 1969 Mach 1 with deluxe interior. I have a map light that is in the clock bezel. It seems the map light is sometimes called a glovebox light. 

I also found a different glovebox light was offered. See below photo? Any idea where this light mounts on a 69? 

Glove%20Box%20Light_zps6rvsarmz.jpg

That is the harness and bulb assembly for a standard interior.

The standard interior does not have provision for the map light, nor the deluxe clock and harness.

The deluxe map light illuminates the glove-box when it is opened - by use of the same plunger ground as in your picture.

You don't need that light in your glovebox if you have the map light installed.

It is screwed in to the right hand side of the box and connected to 'always on' power to the male bullet.  The female is connected to the plunger, which is installed in the hole on the left hand side of the glove-box, and hidden by the door, when the door is closed.

I bet you will have plenty of tips and info to help others.

I have installed a few of the map lights and repaired the harnesses for my clocks, that's the only reason I know a little about that set up. I also looked into the standard glove-box light, like you.

It will work, but it is not correct, or as 'cool' as the proper light.

Do you have the clock harness?

The map light has direct plug-in connection to that harness. I have seen pictures of both those harnesses in other posts.

You will need that plunger switch, regardless of which light you install. Here is a pic and link to a re-seller of the repop map light. Note it does not come with the plunger, but you can see the large-bullet female plug that goes together with that plunger switch..

http://www.cjponyparts.com/deluxe-interior-map-light-assembly-with-switch-1969-1970/p/DLL10/

The switch allows you to turn on the map light whenever you want, without opening the glove-box. (Big technology in the 60's, I'm sure.......)

I bet you will have plenty of tips and info to help others.

I have installed a few of the map lights and repaired the harnesses for my clocks, that's the only reason I know a little about that set up. I also looked into the standard glove-box light, like you.

It will work, but it is not correct, or as 'cool' as the proper light.

Do you have the clock harness?

The map light has direct plug-in connection to that harness. I have seen pictures of both those harnesses in other posts.

You will need that plunger switch, regardless of which light you install. Here is a pic and link to a re-seller of the repop map light. Note it does not come with the plunger, but you can see the large-bullet female plug that goes together with that plunger switch..

http://www.cjponyparts.com/deluxe-interior-map-light-assembly-with-switch-1969-1970/p/DLL10/

The switch allows you to turn on the map light whenever you want, without opening the glove-box. (Big technology in the 60's, I'm sure.......)

I do have the clock harness and everything I need including the map light with switch. It took some studying of wiring diagrams and asking questions but I finally figured out how it all goes together. Thanks again.

I really don't think that is a '69/70 Mustang Glove Box Light.  

Only glove box light I'm aware of for '69/70 Mustang is the Map/Glove Box light that was part of the "Visibility Group" option ... with or without the optional clock.   It was the same black "clock bezel" used on both, cars ordered without the clock got a running pony blank-out plate where the clock goes.  

It does look familiar though ... might be from a Cougar, Torino or Mustang other than '69/70.

Doug