Fantastic

'71 Ellenor?

Oh Wow LOL.

Not my cup of Tea but you can tell they spent some time on it.

Ground effects look pretty well done but I would loose the Hood Cowl thing but aside from that they actually improved the thing IMHO because those cars were a bit on the ugly side to begin with haha.

All in all tho Not To Bad.

I've been trying to figure out a way to make a 71-73 look better myself.  I always thought the only thing that really was unappealing was the front end.  Like the Ford designers saw a 1969 Shelby and said 'lets do something like that but completely wrong'.  Anyway I like the scoop and ground effects.  I'd go with a small hood scoop and a completely different spoiler.  But then what do you do to fix the front grill?  Maybe a charger style grill that even covers the headlights or a superbird type nose cover?  I saw a 1969 mustang with a billet style grill that covered the inside headlights maybe something like that.  I don't know maybe someone will figure out how to class up a 71-73 someday.

I've been trying to figure out a way to make a 71-73 look better myself. I always thought the only thing that really was unappealing was the front end. Like the Ford designers saw a 1969 Shelby and said 'lets do something like that but completely wrong'. Anyway I like the scoop and ground effects. I'd go with a small hood scoop and a completely different spoiler. But then what do you do to fix the front grill? Maybe a charger style grill that even covers the headlights or a superbird type nose cover? I saw a 1969 mustang with a billet style grill that covered the inside headlights maybe something like that. I don't know maybe someone will figure out how to class up a 71-73 someday.

This might be the only way to make it better

053_053.jpg

The Falcon styling is similar. Like a 71 stang nose on a torino body. You can still buy the Mad Max nose cones here in Aus.

A huge Eleanor fan myself...As if you couldn't tell by the avatar....the one thing I like about the Steve Standford designed version on the '67 is that all of the changes complemented the lines of the car.  With that said on a '71 it looks like a ridiculous rendetion of a Hot Wheels car.  Aside from the side scoops, nothing else about what they did compliments the lines of the car at all.  In fact it makes it worse.  The '71-'73 Mustangs are not the most attractive to begin with with the square front and over-sized rear.  They added the side exhaust skirts makeing that part of the car look too low to the ground compared to the front and rear of the car, then added the duck tail on the rear wich made an already large back end even bigger accentuating one of the most unattractive parts of the car.  Get rid of the hood scoop and go with a ram-air Mach 1 style hood, get rid of the duck tail and add more ground effect to give the illusion of lowering the rear, and go with a more subtle side skirts like on the Ring Brothers Dragon and you might be onto something.

This might be the only way to make it better

The Falcon styling is similar. Like a 71 stang nose on a torino body. You can still buy the Mad Max nose cones here in Aus.

there was a falcon xb here in canada a year ago for sale, i shoulda bought.

You like custom work ? Well do ya ?   Check ...This ...Out .It's Eleanor's Ugly older sister

oo1_zpskywngshx.jpg

Ouch, please dont get a idea and start making side skirt molds Ridgerunner   LOL

there was a falcon xb here in canada a year ago for sale, i shoulda bought.

They are a high dollar car now. Rusty but complete cars are going for $15k minimum. I wonder whether the new Mad Max movie will spark another price rise.