My Mach 1

Has anyone put a shaker scoop on their 69 or 70 Mach?

Shep69.....That's a nice looking install.....like you I have a 351w with Elderbrock Perf RPM manifold but with a Holley 650dpr instead of EFI. So mine may not need so much tweaking to fit. I suppose the fiberglass assembly won't be that bad considering as someone else mentioned somewhere on this thread ....no will know unless you tell them...But just for fun, I think I will give Mansfield Restorations a call and post whatever info I get from them.

No mater what base you use you will need to modify it slightly . Using a big block base makes the job easier as its lower to start with . Even running a carb I know guys that had to cut some holes in the base . So using a fibreglass base isn't that bad. I will get some pics today

Is there proper install height on a shaker?(concours) Or like me you get what you get..

Ray are you using a BB base?

I have the 351 base...I would like to add a .500 spacer under the carburetor and I cant mill the BT intake

down that much because of some past mods I have done to it.. my best hope is to find a BB bottom at a reasonable price

I prefer to find a fiberglass one That would make some other mods I need to do easier.Like the MSD thing..

I have made a piece to weld in hole but have got to it yet...

post-44083-0-64729600-1474932890.jpg

post-44083-0-36495100-1474932986.jpg

When I cut down the section that sits over the carb it makes the hole bigger. Use this to your advantage as you can move the base any direction maybe gave me 10mm and helped with clearance. Also the fibreglass upper section is thick maybe 6mm so I sanded this down as well. Every little bit adds up when your trying to get the factory height.

post-39819-0-89539900-1474957065.jpeg

post-39819-0-97743900-1474957137.jpeg

post-39819-0-56149800-1474957195.jpeg

post-39819-0-00218000-1474957255.jpeg

post-39819-0-20689400-1474957323.jpeg

post-39819-0-64588500-1474957369.jpeg

Get it done now and think what hell did i do........... Later.....Or i will haunt you for many a year..

Can I get my free beer in a stout?

Had my fun..Time to move on from this........I see the light...Looks almost like a shining Boss 429.. 

Somewhere in NH a man walks in the rain down the road of shame with his only comfort knowing he is not alone in his journey..

Well maybe he has a beer with him and still has the metal that was cut out and is a very good welder...

post-44083-0-47865400-1475343932.jpg

When I got my car it had an OFFY intake on it and for the shaker assembly to fit and go through the hole in the original hood the previous owner drilled another set of holes in the mid-plate and it worked.  I have those extra holes covered with electric tape now.  I sometimes wish those extra holes weren't there but do understand the thinking involved.  That guy did what he needed to do to make everything work with his new ' go fast ' mods.  Years later I come along and put BLUE THUNDER intake on and don't need those extra holes.  The OE mid-plate is worth alot more today than then but who knew ?  I understand.  Brian

post-33155-0-72002500-1475346284.jpg

When I got my car it had an OFFY intake on it and for the shaker assembly to fit and go through the hole in the original hood the previous owner drilled another set of holes in the mid-plate and it worked.  I have those extra holes covered with electric tape now.  I sometimes wish those extra holes weren't there but do understand the thinking involved.  That guy did what he needed to do to make everything work with his new ' go fast ' mods.  Years later I come along and put BLUE THUNDER intake on and don't need those extra holes.  The OE mid-plate is worth alot more today than then but who knew ?  I understand.  Brian

fixing those holes should be simple.

this one, not so much.

IMG_5413.jpg

I had an original upper and mid plate. I combined those with an Aussie fiber glass lower. Nobody has figured out that it is not an original setup. I cut up a repo hood using the online template. It turned out excellant. I would never go back. Sure it is not the cheapest mod but price is soon forgotton when you see the result.

post-809-0-68510400-1475418433.jpg