Sign in to follow this  
BandBSTANGS

leather or wood steering wheel?

I intend to replace my steering wheel on my 70 coupe with a 14 " lecara steering wheel. I like the wood steering wheel, but that would be the only wood trim in the interior. I think the black leather wheel might look better with yellow car with black interior.

My question about the leather wheel is how long will it hold up and all the pictures I've seen the leather appears to be shiny rather than the muted rich look that I associate with leather.

Any one using the black leather wheel and have photos?

All opinions appreciated !

the 64 thru 66 shelbys had wood wheels but no other interior wood . . all the cobras were the same as the mustangs but the wheel would bl;end better if it was the same color as the interior in a non wood interior car.

most lecarra leather wheels are not shiny . . see link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lecarra+leather+steering+wheel+photos&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=i5EsVfXULcLdggTW-oK4Bw&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=622

I just installed a Wheel from Forever Sharp Steering Wheels and its a Very nice piece.

Think I paid 140.00 for what they call a half wrap wheel and that came with the adapters and everything and it worked Perfectly and looks great in my car, but then again I have a Non-Standard interior.

But its by far the best wheel I have seen for the price

I just installed a Wheel from Forever Sharp Steering Wheels and its a Very nice piece.

Think I paid 140.00 for what they call a half wrap wheel and that came with the adapters and everything and it worked Perfectly and looks great in my car, but then again I have a Non-Standard interior.

But its by far the best wheel I have seen for the price

Pictures?????

Unless you are going with a really nice wood wheel, I would do the leather wheel.

In my 69 I am putting a shelby type wheel that will be covered in leather ( like on the bullit car)

Bob

I can't speak to Lecarra specifically, but the Boss steering wheel for the 2011-up is covered in alcantara. What makes that ice is that it feels like sued, but softer and doesn't get hot if it bakes all day in the sun.

Those Alcantara covered wheels feel WONDERFUL, but I wonder about how you care for the material because it will get caked with the sweat etc... from your hands and start looking nasty I would think...But it does look and feel so nice

. . . looks a bit like a freshly shaved lamb.

Damn Barnett, you're making me nervous, but I'm not gonna ask what all you know about lambs. Freshly shaved at that :)