WEEKEND CRUISER

69 fastback quarter panel side scoop question

I'm looking at a 69 fastback to buy. The quarter panels have been replaced with 1970 quarter panels. The owner was going to make it into a Boss 302 mustang, but didn't finish the car. My question is, can the 69 be converted back with the side scoops easily without replacing the whole quarter panel. I haven't had any luck finding new side scoop parts to use, will they have to be come from a used 69 fastback mustang? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I'm fairly confident you will need to find a donor car and cut the side scoop section from the quarter panel or you will need to purchase at minimum, a repo quarter panel skin and replace either the entire skin or cut the quarter panel scoop section from the skin and install it to the car.

The side scoop section on the quarter itself has specific geometry and mounting points for the side scoop. You can find the side scoops themselves on ebay or at many of the ford swap meets. My experience has been that the scoop itself generally does not fit the "repo" quarter as well as one would like so the opening in the quarter generally needs some "massaging" to get a good fit.

Thanks Wycked69, I was told today by Perogie Enterprises that sell used mustang parts to buy donor parts like you have mention, instead of replacing the whole quarter panel. The guy from Perogie said it wouldn't be a hard task for a body shop to do. Perogie also gave me a number for Mustang Masters from Florida to call for the used parts that I need, Perogie didn't have any used panels with scoops. So far I haven't had any luck reaching Mustang Masters by phone. Thanks again!

If you what to pursue  this, you could watch this and other forums. They are people all the time changing out full quarters and would probably give you the section you need for the shipping price. I changed mine and asked around if someone wanted mine but got no responses so I finally tossed them.  I also sent you a PM .

Dave

I have a set of the side scoops (just the scoops) $60/pair to your door.

Where are you located?  Never mind.... NC.  Might talk to Scotty Strickland.  He is in NC, I think.  Find him on facebook.... or sbsmustang@yahoo.com

Thanks guys! I spoke with the owner of the mustang today and he told me that he knew someone that had the parts that I needed from a donor car.

If you what to pursue  this, you could watch this and other forums. They are people all the time changing out full quarters and would probably give you the section you need for the shipping price. I changed mine and asked around if someone wanted mine but got no responses so I finally tossed them.  I also sent you a PM .

Dave

PM sent