Ridge Runner

Lets Make A Fiberglass Hood .

HAHA I got no problem what so ever relocating my horns if I need to :-) so finish that beast up and get a big box ready to come my way haha.

Looks awesome Ridge just Awesome ..... Cant wait to try it out on my car, I'm stoked you are almost actually finished.

I have been talking to a few local shops about doing a wrap on the hood....I will be better off painting it I think HAHA.

Nothing yet , they put about 300 bee hives behind my property and the bees are so bad i cant get to my shop .

I have complained to the Ag commissioner and he says there is nothing he can do .The bee owner is a giant A hole and will not move the bees .I am trying to contact our district supervisor to see if we can get something done about it .Any one have any ideas on how i can legally get the bees out of here ...that will not land me in jail??

Borax Powder

Boric acid (borax) is an excellent natural bee killer and is ideal for homeowners who want to know how to kill bees effectively. It is poisonous not only to bees, but to most other pests as well. It is generally safe for humans and requires a very large amount to be toxic. How to kill bees effectively with borax is a matter of sprinkling the powder in an area where the bees come and go often if you cannot get it directly into the nest. The dust sticks to the bees and they carry it back to their hive. Within days, the hive should disappear. This is ideal if you cannot see or do not have direct access to the hive but know where the bees go to feed. Putting bait out in the open and putting borax in and around the hive is an excellent way to kill bees.

Edit. If it works for you will you make me a hood? LOL

I am afraid my dogs will get into poisons or that is exactly what i would do .I did spray some spots with raid where the bees were gathering and that kept them away for a day ,but they are back .

I put in a call to the Ag Commissioner today and he fed me a line of bull so i told him i am going to the grand Jury to see if it is out of his hands as he tells me ,he called a few minutes ago and says he is going to do every thing in his power to help ..TYPICAL COV.BULL CRAP!!

I found a site on the web (Bee keepers association of southern Cali.) and lodged a complaint with them ,don't know if that will get any thing done but i am trying .

The hives were sprayed from the grove owner the other night so i am going to contact the food and drug administration and find if they can still sell their honey ,we will see how they like not being able to sell their honey ..Since the guy wants to be an ass hat !!

Get wood dowls, paint them pretty flower colors, dust them in the boric acid, and hang them off your garage outside. Repeat the dusting daily.

Edit. Or you can get potted flowers to attract the bee's, hang them, and place the dusted dowels in the pots.

I have a similar issue ridge runner. At the back of our 5 acre property someone has dumped about 12 bee hives on a bush block. The bees were giving me the shits for ages . It turns out they chasing water all the time so I put a pool cover on our pool and placed a large container of water near our fence line and connected a retic hose so it stays full when the sprinklers come on. No more bee issues and the hives are all still there after 9 yrs. You can smell the honey from my house and it's about 150 metres away.

I tried calling bee keepers years ago and they didn't want a bar of them as they may have got a disease. They did tell me how to kill them though. At night when the bees are in the hives pour fuel over the hive and cover it up with a tarp. By the morning they will be dead . I thought this was a bit drastic so I never did it . The odd bee doesn't worry me as it pollinates our vege garden.

this is between 300-400 hives ,right on my fence line ,i have 3 1/2 acres so the bees are only 200 feet from my shop .I was told there is around 30 thousand bees in one box ,so you can imagine what happens when they get disturbed .There was no way you could have gone down to my shop today the way they were swarming .I made a few more threats to the bee keeper and the Ag Commissioner this evening and i may be getting some results ,other wise i am going to the local tv news station ,they have a way of getting things done .

Best of luck Ridge Runner. Is this the first year the trees produced that they needed the bees? If not, where did they place the hives in prior years? Seems to me the orchard has plenty of perimeter to place the hives where regular folks don't get bothered. Hang in there RR.

Best of luck Ridge Runner. Is this the first year the trees produced that they needed the bees? If not, where did they place the hives in prior years? Seems to me the orchard has plenty of perimeter to place the hives where regular folks don't get bothered. Hang in there RR.

For the last three years they have put them next door .For three months out of the year we cant hardly do anything on the property ,it has been two months now .The blossoms have dropped early this year so there is nothing for the bees and they are swarming every where that there is water or any thing with bright colors .I can't run the swamp cooler in my shop because they get in side of it ,and when i turn it on it sprays bees in the shop.

Oh hellll NO........ Rodbrady I got my gas can fueled up and looking for my Bic Lighter right now....

Ridge you need me to send ya some Borax ?

Wonder if you put some pans of water and sugar out away from your place would that help to draw them off.....