prayers1

Need opinion: Sweet spot front fender to wheel height?

After installing new coil springs last year, I found out that the Company sent the wrong ones. Instead of dismantling the front end that took weeks to build, I decided to add coil spring spacers and salvage my 1st Summer with it.

The Company agreed to exchange for the correct ones, they just need to know how many more inches to go up.

Now I need to determine that sweet spot, between the fender apex and the top of the tire.

Without the spacers the car sits, 23 5/8†ground to fender apex with 215/65/15 tires. as seen in the 1st photo.

The second photo is at 24 5/8" and the third is 25/5/8".

IMO, I think 25" sweet spot.

What do you all think?

DSC03148_zps1tqn9ijx.jpg

DSC03152_zps6lpcpsi8.jpg

DSC03155_zpsozwwexic.jpg

Number 3 is with the apex of the fender on top of the tire.  IMO, I thought it looked a little too high.  I thought to bring the fender down about 1/2" below the top of the tire.  I don't always know what looks best, so I'm asking you guys for your opinion .

Paint is a 2 stage, 2012 Chrysler Deep Cherry Red.

Here's another shot of the fender on top of the tire, picture #3.

DSC03150_zps2oskqud8.jpg

as everyone else #3 looks good like that stance.  Prayers you said they sent you the wrong springs do you know the lb/in? Just curious because I am about to assemble mine an am going with a Moog 8534 and can't remember exactly but they were 420 lb/in I think and was wondering if they might be too soft.

Dave 

I thought the trend was to have a lower stance just to cover the wheel, but it appears that most are saying to keep it at the tire height.

Yes I do need to account for settling which I haven't thought about. Do you all think I should get a set that is  1/2" taller than I want?????

Dave, I went through EATON Detroit Springs,313-963-3839.  I tried to order per lbs and it kinda pissed the guy off ( I've should of know then) He said they have all the cars specs from the factory and know exactly what I'm needing. He also said that if it doesn't work they'll exchange it (Yeah easy said then done).  I have the Cleveland with the iron heads and the Awning suspension drop which I told them.  Anyway they now have a reference point with the set that's in there now.  My order was: spring set part #MC 1252, with Isolators CA FRI200.

Here's what Moog says about yours.

Free Height 14.69

Installed Height 11.00

Load lbs 1578

Spring rate lbs per inch 428

I thought the trend was to have a lower stance just to cover the wheel, but it appears that most are saying to keep it at the tire height.

I think there is a slight trend to lower the cars.  however, lowering just the front with a big rake seems more like the 70's or 80's trend (e.g. shakles and rear tires outside of wheelwells).

In the picture the rear tires are 275/60/15.  I'm changing to 295/50/15.  I know that the 1/4 lip will hit so I'll have to change to stiffer leaf springs.  I haven't figured on what rear leafs to get.  I trying to get the front done 1st.