Sign in to follow this  
rharden

!970 Mach 1 Brake Line Clip/Fastener Locations?

I'm doing a forever restoration on my 70 Mach 1. It's been apart for several years. I should have taken more pictures of the disassembly. I'm installing the SS brake lines, but I'm have quite a time trying to figure out what clip goes where. I can't find anything in my manuals or other books and Google that shows me much. The fastener kit I bought is supposed to have everything for the brake lines and fuel lines. Why couldn't they have included a drawing? I need some help, so if anyone out there has any info or pictures they can share, I would really appreciate it. I mainly need the tunnel line clip type and locations and the firewall line. Thanks.

Here you go, these are on my '70 convertible. As far as the ones down the trans tunnel, they go down the driver's side of the trans tunnel and the screw holes for the clips are about a foot or so apart. Just to the right of the steering column there's a double clip that holds 2 lines together, one goes to the passenger side, the other to the rear. 

Good luck,

Matt

post-42483-0-48504200-1427469409.jpg

post-42483-0-83004800-1427469445.jpg

Thanks for all the help and pictures. I was out in the barn, digging through my old car stuff and I found the original 70 brake lines I removed from my Mustang. I thought I had pitched them years ago. There are six fasteners on the long tunnel line. All these are the same and they are identical to the new ones in my brake line fastener kit. My old firewall line is missing a few fasteners, but I can see exactly where they are located. I even found the original fuel line. No clips, but I can see where they were on the line. I think my problem is solved. Thanks again.