69volunteer

Front Speaker

Ok, for anyone who read this earlier, I found the search feature and I found Chillinh's thread on speaker install in the front vent.

I created something similar using the fresh air vent as a speaker pod which I will post shortly but had some follow up questions after my test run this past weekend.

Does the fresh air vent have a seal that keeps air from blowing in around it even though the vent door is closed? Is there some kind of seal between the vent asym and the metal body of the car?

TIA

Yes and Yes.

The vent its self has a rubber seal attached on around it, altho most are dry rotted at this point.

The assembly has a seal under it that bolts in between the metal and the vent made of some kind of rubber or foam.

Would love to see the followup up pics on your install.  I am doing the same to my front soon, and would love to steal your good ideas... ;-)

Do you have any plans to leave the vent even semi-functional?  Will you leave the manual vent open/close control slider in place (but non-functional) or delete it?

I'd love to leave the vent louver in place (and a little movable), and put a carrier over the hole for the speaker (to "some" air to get thru around the speaker, but not alot of air).

I don't have it all figured out yet, only concepts.  Let us hear about your design - it could be useful to alot of us out here.