69Tool

3 point seat belts in convertible

Hello,

Has anyone installed the 3 point seatbelts into a convertible?  I have looked at these for a while now and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them.  Also, if I decide to go with these, would you suggest I go with white or black.  I have white interior, but the colours are not an exact match and since the existing seatbelts and carpet etc is black, would it be the better choice?  Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/seat-belt-3-point-retractable-with-push-button-front-pair-coupe-1965-1967-convertible-1965-1973/p/SBR6-V/

I have a vert too and I am putting 3 point harnesses in the front and the rear. I have not installed them yet but I got mine from https://www.seatbeltplanet.com This is the retail store for BEAMS which is the brand cj's and everyone is selling at a huge mark up. One really nice thing about ordering dirct from them is you get to choose exactly what you want and they custom build it for you. I went with non retractable 3 points for my car so it will be easier to also put them in for the rear seat and not have to fight the retracting assembly space wise. Their quality is absolutely awesome and their customer service is top notch. I ordered the lift latch buckels with a black wrinkle finish and one of them had a small scratch in the top when I got it. I called them and they built me another one and had it to me in 2 days plus they told me to keep the scratched one I case I ever needed it. I will definitely buy from them again if I need belts for another project. They are also based out of Oklahoma city so you are getting an American made product that meets DOT specs.

The best way to do it would be to add a roll bar to your car. Either a shelby style or aftermarket/custom one that dots where the shelby one did.

That will put the shoulder harness in the correct location and will look cool to boot

And yes, don't buy them from the mustang shops, there is much better pricing out there

Bob