Pakrat

AR500's in search of best prices

I know several of you are running these so what's the best price you've found so far? I had started a thread on this a long long time ago and had a nice list of suppliers but that thread is currently unavailable so I'm trying to start fresh. Here's what seems to be the common average price among several vendors for the custom BS wheels I am looking at.

17x8 - $365

17x9.5 - $385

So far the best I have been able to find online at Wheels 4 Less is:

17x8 - $338

17x9.5 - $352

I plan to contact Mr. Wheel Deal for a quote and then of course I plan to go to my local Town Fair Tire to see if I can get a price match. Problem is my internet searches seem to be coming up with a lack of variety in sellers.

hopefully you are aware the quality isn't overly impressive for these rims (nor are they very light).

I was not aware, can you elaborate on the unimpressive parts? I always thought AR was supposed to make quality stuff.

This is where I bought mine a while back, Fastlane Speed and Rod Shop. I think they were around $1250 for all four and he included lug nuts and nice valve stems. They shot me the best price at the time. I do know that the factory Magnum 500 lug nuts wont work with these wheels. The shop is located close to the American Racing factory. Took a little over 4 weeks to get them.

ED

I was not aware, can you elaborate on the unimpressive parts? I always thought AR was supposed to make quality stuff.

The aluminum or what looks like a chrome type plating (don't know why it would be chromed) is peeling up on the back side of mine.  The center caps are plastic and were internally separating (hopefully you find a way to install an oem mustang style center cap).

This is where I bought mine a while back, Fastlane Speed and Rod Shop. I think they were around $1250 for all four and he included lug nuts and nice valve stems. They shot me the best price at the time. I do know that the factory Magnum 500 lug nuts wont work with these wheels. The shop is located close to the American Racing factory. Took a little over 4 weeks to get them.

ED

I found an old post that I thought had said you bought yours from Vintage Wheel Works but for the same reasons. I went to their site but they only had like 6 or 7 AR styles offered and these were not one of them. I'll check out Fastlane Speed and Rod Shop today, thanks.

The local free range mutts have etched the finish with piss on my set. I cant seem to bring back the mirror shine in the affected areas. The center caps are a bit crappy too after about a year. I think I paid 1195. shipped with lugs and it took 4 like weeks, pretty sure I got them from Mr. Wheel Deal but I still have the reciept so I'll check on that. I still think that its the best looking aftermarket wheel available, almost no regrets. I should have got the 17 x 11? for the rear instead of the 17 x 9.5...o well.