det0326

What's happened to all the members

There's a good chance some were lost in the website transition. I was not able to simply log on. I was lucky to get an email from Pak or one of the admin's advising some issues. Otherwise, I was without any way to contact someone to let them know I was having problems logging on.

Could be some prior members have similar problem. Think about it, you cant post on here unless you signed on. Nowhere on here can you contact someone to let them know you have issues. What was available was not working when I tried logging on at first. It just sent my message/request to no mans land.

There's a good chance some were lost in the website transition. I was not able to simply log on. I was lucky to get an email from Pak or one of the admin's advising some issues. Otherwise, I was without any way to contact someone to let them know I was having problems logging on.

Could be some prior members have similar problem. Think about it, you cant post on here unless you signed on. Nowhere on here can you contact someone to let them know you have issues. What was available was not working when I tried logging on at first. It just sent my message/request to no mans land.

I have to agree. Its a good thing that I had made a friend with one of our members MAD IN NC that I had met in person and had his cell number so I could stay in touch. I was having problems logging in fornmore than 2 weeks and finally reachedout to MAD and asked him to meaasage the admin or PAK.

It took me about a week to figure out the new website was back online.  My bookmarked URL now gives a 404 error:

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/

And the "Forums" link on the main page http://1969stang.com/ also takes you to that broken url.  It takes 3 seconds or so before it automatically redirects me here to the right place, but I was clicking that link before it had that chance. 

-Mike

It took me about a week to figure out the new website was back online.  My bookmarked URL now gives a 404 error:

And the "Forums" link on the main page http://1969stang.com/ also takes you to that broken url.  It takes 3 seconds or so before it automatically redirects me here to the right place, but I was clicking that link before it had that chance. 

-Mike

-Mike

I was having the same problem for a couple weeks & thought the site was gone untill I finally googled 69stang & got here. Now I am glad I checked, I was missing this place.

I put a lot of time making my past threads that are all gone now. So for me, it's just not worth the effort to go through it all again. So I don't really check the site much anymore. It's kind of a bummer since this site used to be a good resource.

Jim

Nothing is "Gone", it's just not easily accessible yet here. The priority was to get it up and running with better spam filters ASAP, the only way to do that was to go back one year and upload it all. Now that things are smoothing out everything that was older than a year can be looked at and uploaded accordingly, porting over 10 + years of data in one shot is just not easy.

I am guessing if there is a sharp drop off in activity right after a forum and url change, people getting "better at search" is not the real issue.

I think people, especially the casual users, are not finding it as easily. Activity may pick up as the weather gets nice and cars hit the road again, but maybe the forum administrators can send a mass email to existing members with a link to the new address to spur activity and encourage people to bookmark the new location.

I am guessing if there is a sharp drop off in activity right after a forum and url change, people getting "better at search" is not the real issue.

all forums I frequent are pretty dead (as compared to a few years ago).  to me it's been a slow decline everywhere.

Guess dealing with all the spam on the old site doesn't seem so bad now after all. I mean that is really the only reason we went thru all this, because everyone complained about it constantly. Sad to think because of a few hiccups along the way in trying to fill that request that we would now lose a good chunk of our loyal and contributing members because they don't think it's worth it anymore.

Pak. Don't give up the ship just yet. Some of us are still round but don't post as much or as in my case I am playing with my new toy a JD 450C dozer clearing my spot for the new house.

Of all the forums a have been on this is by far the best for REAL info and not the rag tag mag crap that floats around the others along with the constant BS advertising flooding the page.

Ps. yes I too am glad your avatar made it thru the change, But am still wishing for a wardrobe malfunction to happen :)

I never give up the ship, if I did this place would have been gone a long time ago. I'll probably be the last one here posting comments to myself one day until I get mad at me and make the final Ban!

As for the avatar maybe one day I'll edit in a nip slip so keep watching!

Pak, I am very pleased with what has been done.  It was a real pain with all the spam.  I too have been busy with another project, a 1974 F250 High Boy, but I occasionally work on my Mustang since there are always some little thing needing to be fixed.

Since I have a Cleveland, I browse other Cleveland websites and site is very similar to 351C.net

The most impressive website that I've come across is http://www.fordification.com

It amazing how it's set up, wonder if you can incorporate any of it's foundations.

Yes, I agree with warmer weather coming up more will be dropping by.  I actually took mine out for a spin yesterday!

I did have to laugh at your last comment Pak, glad you still have a good sense of humor,  it did put a smile on my face.

Keep up the good work!

Pak - "Now that things are smoothing out everything that was older than a year can be looked at and uploaded accordingly, porting over 10 + years of data in one shot is just not easy."

Are you saying that I should be able to find stuff that is over a year old or that you are now looking at getting things older than a year available?

Jim

all forums I frequent are pretty dead (as compared to a few years ago).  to me it's been a slow decline everywhere.

That's a pretty fair assessment, although the ones I have seen with the sharper drop offs are the ones that get Facebooked, ie, there is a strong social element to them. It is an accurate observation over all though.

I noticed the exact same thing as well. Most of my buddies are not on forums anymore, only facebook groups and other social media sources.

I've noticed this same thing. There's an ebb and flow to all things. Traffic will pick up. Heck, I'll post a good dozen questions once I get back into the repairs.

Like many others, I am finished with my '70 Boss 302 and my 69 GT. Being a total Ford guy I am now working on a '51 Ford custom and a '61 Galaxie Starliner. So I don't visit this site as often as I used to.Still good to visit though and I know I'll be into another 69-70 sometime down the road.