Sign in to follow this  
Punisher

Wheel options?

I tried on a set of cobra wheels on the mustang, only the rears fit. the front wheel hits the top of the spindle. what size wheel can fit on the mustang or can I change the spindle to accommodate a wider wheel? Right now it has some crappy rusted wheels on it. but I don't want to spend a ton buying wheels right now. Just need something better than these.

PS. please excuse my messy garage, right now I have 3 cars in my garage that im currently working on, so its a mess lol

post-43132-0-41619700-1425753813.jpg

post-43132-0-26928800-1425756172.jpg

post-43132-0-57166900-1425756192.jpg

All the modern Mustangs run a different offset to the classics. You could run a spacer and longer wheelstuds to use the Cobra wheels. From memory classics are +6 and modern are +30 offset so a 1" spacer should work.

These are mine 18x8 all round with correct offset for a classic

IMG_1812_zps0dd7f444.jpg

Sorry, hate to bump an old post, but something happened and the mustang got put on hold. Time to get back to it. Do you guys have pictures of your mustangs with running the spacers? id like to see how much they stick out.

I have pics, but it would be close to what grabber70 specified, but I have a 03-04 Cobra brake conversion kit that has spacers between the rotor hat and hub. By Looking at your car, I think all solid black bullits would look great and go well with that color combo. I run 18x9/10 fr500s (99-04 mustangs)

56F38B56-C410-4A62-9759-F7CC2FEA6695_zps

If you search ebay for the below string you will find the ones I used.  they have a hubcentric ring coming out as you can see in the pic that the rim rides on.  The ebay post states they work for all mustangs, but if I remember right when I was researching that it's true they will bolt to any mustang hub that's 5x4.5 but the diameter of the ring will need to be considered depending on what wheel you are using.  I used 99-04 bullit knockoffs that have the correct hub hole diameter as the spacer I bought.  I seem to remember that 99-04 have a diff diameter then the original rims.  

1.0 inch | 5x4.5 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers Mustang GT500 Shelby Cobra SVT GT 1"