CJC

Door sill/scuff plates

Anybody have an opinion on the best repro door sill plates. I have seen Scott Drake, Carpenter, Dynacorn. Maybe they are all made by the same manufacturer. Whats your thoughts on fit, finish, and appearance.

Thanks

I had bought the expensive Scott Drake stainless plates and while they were nice and heavy they were too much bling for my build. They were like polished nickel finish, different than chrome if you know your metal finishes. They seemed to fit ok. I sold them and bought a set of the cheaper aluminum ones. My only gripe was the stamping for the Ford logo plate. It was a bit soft and was a little smaller than it needed to be. Because of this the plates didn't nest down in it well. I remedied this by taking the plate and very lightly broke the edges of the plate upward like a bowl. They fit great and look more like original fit. Doubt you could tell anything had been done unless you looked very close 

I have the stainless steel ones on mine and like them a lot. The repop were so soft they dented and the SS look very good in my opinion.

Do they look like the OEM units? Basically, same tooling but stainless? Thanks!!! 

carpenter has the tooling and makes the best sill plates . . they had the same finish as the originals . . i dont know if he changed it or of drake is having carpenter make them for him with more shine . . the one on the right is the carpenter one.

everything else is crap by comparison . . oh wait, no, everything else is crap anyway.

DSCN9774-1028.jpg