Sign in to follow this  
My Mach 1

1969 428 Cobra Jet worth?

Well, not sure on the worth, but I do know any prospective buyer that knows his stuff is going to want to ask at least the following questions;

- What is the date of the block, heads, intake manifold, etc?

- Does it have a VIN stamped on it?

- What is the current bore?  If it needs rebuilt and requires getting bored more than .030 or .040, they may pass and continue looking.

- Does the block have the C scratch on the back?

- Does it still have the smog system on it?  That was the first thing people took off and threw away back then, so now it is pretty expense for someone looking to restore.

- How long since it was last run?  If you have a way to start it so they can hear it run and see if it smokes, you can ask more.

There is a 1970 Cobra Jet for sale on the Cobra Jet forum, and the seller is asking $8,500, and that engine does not have the intake or exhaust manifolds, valve covers, or flywheel.  Only one person has asked a question since it was posted for sale, and they asked if it had a VIN stamped on it.  I would say look on eBay and see what others are asking for them, then start high and come down if it doesn't sell.  

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some things, so hopefully other will chime in.  

yea, a lot more information is needed.specifically date codes,rust issues,correct hard to find CJ stuff, Etc.

could go either way depending on those parameters.

I have 2 of `em.

price always depends on the buyer.

john

Yes -it's in really nice shape. This gentleman has owned it for 19yrs and only driven it 5000 miles to date. It has 95000mile on it. It's a 4 speed car and definitely runs great. It's stored on a hoist in a temperature controlled shop. It's blue with black interior I'm waiting for him to email me the serial and the Marti report. He is the 3rd owner. Brought up from a warm dry State so no rust. It really is a sweet car. I was thinking of making him an offer. that's why I was asking what you guys might think it was worth. Would I be accurate in saying maybe $40k - $50k?

.i

if the paint is ahgow quality and the engine is detailed and the underside is orig but decent then maybe $65,000.00.

if the paint is orig and the engine looks decent but is intouched etc then maybe $55,000.00

if it was rusty had had a lot of taiwan sheet metal installed then maybe $40,000.00.