RogerC

Suspicious seller selling a 69 on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Boss-1969-ford-mustang-boss-302-v-2-base-hardtop-2-door-5-8-l-/191522612299?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2c97a3244b&item=191522612299&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Up until earlier today the seller listed it as a GT. Now its listed as a Boss. I contacted the seller several days ago to let them know that according to the VIN it couldn't be a GT but only a base 302 2V car. It was still up this morning as a GT so I reported them. The 14K price tag hasn't changed but is very suspicious but I gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking they're delusional regarding the price. Now think it might be a scammer.

It might be a scam, but I've met many people over the years who think all "regular" Mustangs had 289's and any 302 Mustang is a Boss 302. You would think the people listing this on eBay would know what they have but they may just be ignorant.

Doesn't scream scam to me, but more like they paid too much and don't realize they are going to take a huge loss selling it.  A scammer would use a more attractive, finished car to draw more attention and price it low.  This is the opposite.

Isn't "Boss V2" one of the sets of markings on the underside of the original hood scoop? I find it odd he would add that to the name unless he saw it on his car somewhere.

Sometimes I think there are more people with little to no knowledge about Mustangs except that they want one than there are actual enthusiasts who need to learn everything they can prior to or during ownership. 

Isn't "Boss V2" one of the sets of markings on the underside of the original hood scoop? I find it odd he would add that to the name unless he saw it on his car somewhere.

Sometimes I think there are more people with little to no knowledge about Mustangs except that they want one than there are actual enthusiasts who need to learn everything they can prior to or during ownership. 

I think it says boss v2 or short boss ,haven't look at the back of a scoop in a while but it does say boss something

I cant tell you how many times i have gone to look a 69 or 70 that the add says it has a boss 302 only to find it is a regular 302 .The seller will not take you word for it either and will stand by it ,even after you explain the difference .

Even more rare than the 1969 Boss 302 coupe is the 1976 Boss 302!

http://texarkana.craigslist.org/cto/4912917958.html

lol! I see so much stuff like this on craigslist. Sometimes I wonder what goes through people's heads like this guy selling Falken tires once? He didn't even spell Falken right. He couldn't look at the tire and copy the letters?