Sign in to follow this  
My Mach 1

Headers that fit my Dart Heads

Hi everyone. I have Dart Pro 1 heads on my 351w and it seems that the only headers that will fit are the Hooker Super Comps but may need some tube "adjustment" but may also have some ground clearance issues or the best are the FPA headers that are specific for my Dart heads because they have raised exhaust ports. What you guys seeing and using?

I have the same heads on my 418W and have had 3 different headers over the years including Hooker Super Comps, Doug's mid-length and now I'm running JBA's. I don't think the slightly raised ports effect bolting up stock style headers. I needed maximum ground clearance so I went with the JBA shorties and couldn't be happier.

I have had many headers on my 351w with 205 AFR heads.  I found Hooker SC are OK but not in the same class as FPA.  Since FPA makes Dart specific headers, I would bet they fit really nice and have maximum ground clearance.  Call Stan and ask him about your specific setup, he'll give you a straight up answer.

That's great.Thanks - And sweet ride Chillininnh. In canadian dollars the FPA will run me well over $1100 but I can get JBAs for under $1000.So they bolted on with no tube adjustment eh and spark plugs are ok?