RobotMan

My Son Alex's 69 Mach 1 Restoration Initial Post

This story and the results of all the hard work is what this is all about!  Congratulations and hats off to you for paying it forward is such fine form!  Keep those updates coming!

We did get the car back from paint. We have been on vacation for a few weeks. The windshield, rear glass, headliner and other various trim parts have been assembled in the car. My son is very excited to start putting parts back on the car. It is amazing how much joy is created over something as simple as a trunk lock set. We have also refurbished and installed the hood scoop. We have gotten seat upholstery completed and just awaiting assembly.

post-38321-0-09347700-1436307838_thumb.jpg

post-38321-0-86421000-1436307882_thumb.jpg

post-38321-0-67015300-1436307930_thumb.jpg

Haven't been on the forum in awhile. Im restoring a 69 coupe with my son. Cool to see someone else on here from the valley. Im just south of Staunton. I bought a 1969 Mach 1 M code 3 speed back in 1989 restored it and sold it in 1998. Your car looks beautiful already! Still have alot to do on our coupe! 

I just started reading this thread.  I am VERY impressed with the level of work you and your son have done!  My hats off to you and your for awesome job done.  You earn Father of the Century for getting him involved with the project and teaching him along the way.

That is a beautiful red!  What is the shade called?

Chuck