paulb

Paul's 69 Mach1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:49 PM, Vicfreg said:

Paul, going back a bit to a mention in your post about "central locking".  Can you explain what you did and post a few pictures.  I am very interested in this.  Thanks, Vic

Hi Vic, it’s a kit that’s installed, can get them on eBay ,I mounted the solenoid towards the back of the door and attached the rod to the inside snub button rod, I ran wires inside from each side to the control box under the dash, previous post shows how I did the extra wires running from doors to pillars, only photo I can give you is of the actuators if you want

On 1/3/2022 at 6:01 AM, paulb said:

Just finished the stereo and boot install 

E3C62F1B-DE32-4F36-9E1C-3ECF4499E928.jpeg

That's impressive. I saw the spaghetti on page 4 and another shot of the fuse block (and computer?) on page 5. Is that an aftermarket harness are you using? I've thought about putting the fuses in the trunk for easier access. How did you route/hide all the wire in the floor areas through the cabin? I didn't see any photos.

6 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

That's impressive. I saw the spaghetti on page 4 and another shot of the fuse block (and computer?) on page 5. Is that an aftermarket harness are you using? I've thought about putting the fuses in the trunk for easier access. How did you route/hide all the wire in the floor areas through the cabin? I didn't see any photos.

This is the only photo I have atm, wires for control box all run under the console on the trans tunnel, rear seat has a decent gap on the hump. Their encased in a zip loom protector, so if need I can open it up easily. The main battery leads run up either side of the floor

5DFB7947-5D86-4445-89EE-8A3C5E93F028.jpeg

E47761E0-CB95-48B1-B8E5-1CA2B119F2B1.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

This is a great build! In your Feb 14, 2019 post with the pictures of the sub frame connectors- are those custom or did you buy them somewhere? Since I've not seen that configuration before I'm guessing they are custom. 

Hi, I gave a sheet metal shop diagrams of what I wanted and they folded to suit, I then welded them in with some tweaking, I’ve also fitted a support on the inner rockers, similar to a convertible