paulb

Paul's 69 Mach1

I got four days in the last round off so a little progress, door jam has been blasted andrepaired, everything inside gets the metal finish and poor 15 treatment , replaced front roof brace , fitted up rear 1/4 panel and wheel wells, fitted up tail light panel, doing some gapping with the rear valance, so much easier when the lower part isn't welded together yet.

002_1.jpg

006_1.jpg

008_1.jpg

009.jpg

010_1.jpg

been a while since an update, new drip rails fitted,rear 1/4 panels on , roof skin on, been gapping doors, r/h door is 5mm shorter than the left one so had to add metal to close up the gap, 

post-12894-0-23076200-1451043500.jpg

post-12894-0-05417000-1451043679.jpg

post-12894-0-01144500-1451043840.jpgpost-12894-0-31500000-1451043908.jpg

post-12894-0-35903900-1451044025.jpg

post-12894-0-19351000-1451044146.jpg

I haven't been able to do anything for the last few months. Bulk overtime at work and the kids are keeping me busy. I've got the next two weeks off work so I hope to get the trunk area finished and the trans out so I can finish off the under floor area.

How's the progress going, Paul? You're way ahead of me (and doing well too!) but my free time is allowing more work to happen.

Re-working the centre fitted handbrake (e-brake) is going through my mind again as I'm getting closer to fitting the floor pan. How did you go with yours?

Haven't tried the hand brake yet. I have a ba one that should work and keep the original console , times been a bit limited lately , been getting the house ready for sale if we find another we like and it's got room for a large shed. Would like to be a bit further than I am but any progress is good I suppose

Any progress is good. That's how I look at it. You're not going backwards.

This site has a habit of adding photos to posts, don't worry. At least they are car ones and not something else!

I was thinking about getting a handle from a left hand drive car so that the mounting points and cable are in a better position. I've got a BA one but the more I look at it the more I think there should be something else more suitable.

The late Mustang ones look too tall. And the earlier, fox body I think, are lower lower but are pretty ratty looking and dearer for some reason? I'll keep searching and see what I can come up with.

Good luck with the house hunt!

My car didn't have a console when I got it but I've picked up an incomplete one along the way. I don't think the console with fit anyway due to me fitting a TR6060 with the shifter so much further back. I'll know more certain once the floor pan is in and I can mock up the seats.

I've looked at some of the euro cars and I think they may have an option with their bodies being smaller and having more compact interiors.

The vw would be a cool ride. I wouldn't mind getting a type 3 wagon for my wife. I had one 20 odd years ago.

They are getting harder to find in resonable condition, had to bring this one from wa , needs resto, no major repairs or rust, how's yours going Shaun?

Slowly lol. I bought some more parts and cleaned a few things but that's about it. Mrs is having a caesarean with our 3rd Bub on 9 January so I'll be busy helping out for a while. It's also high 30s here so 40+ in the shed.