69Tool

New Instrument Cluster

Hello,

It has been a while since I have been around.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Just thought I would post a picture of my latest project.  I have an extra instrument cluster so I thought I would mess around with it and see how it would turn out.  I repainted it and then changed the gauges to white, installed LED's for the backlights, and then replaced the lenses.  Let me know your thoughts.  My car is still in storage for the rest of the winter, but I am anxious to get this in the car and see how it looks.  

post-441-0-80786700-1423599136.jpg

Thanks!  My car has white interior so I think it will look great with the white gauges.  There is actually a how-to that comes with the gauge stickers (Scott Drake).  Basically, you apply a small amount of water/soap to the back of the sticker so you can slide it on the gauge, and then apply pressure to squeegee out the excess water.  It took me about an hour to apply the white gauge stickers plus the time to paint etc.