My Mach 1

Just put the New Magnums On

Nice!

69 Machs always look great wearing Magnums. It just looks right to me. I like that color on your car.

Nice car. I have a dark color too, Black Jade and I see you also have the black side stripes. I am thinking of putting the gold stripes on, for a bit more contrast. The black stripes kind of disappear in the dark paint.

Thanks people! I would love to see a pic of your black jade ride Super Stanger - and I agree that the gold stripe kit would look awesome.

I have 14 x 7s all around with 235x60R14 on the fronts and 245x60R14 on the back. But I'm thinking I might go with 15x8s with maybe MT Drag Street radials on the rears which might give it a nice look and a little more traction.

Thanks a lot guys! You guys have some Great Rides WOW!! Yeah I LOVE the look of Magnums - always have!

Hi Dave, no rubbing issues at all and I'm running with a stock suspension.

The color Is Maroon with a Maroon interior.Kinda rare by what I've been told. Ford calls it "vermillion"...lol.

post-38099-0-97762900-1423147505.jpg

This is my Black Jade 69, with oem 14 inch magnums. 14 x 6 I believe. Only little 205 BFG's.

On my 70 I have two sets of wheels, and I have no problem fitting 275/60/15 BFG's under the rear. They fit within the wheel arch, no rubbing. stock springs.

I am sure you can fit larger than 245. 255 is a nice size, and no issues on a 69 or 70 for room

Thanks a lot guys! You guys have some Great Rides WOW!! Yeah I LOVE the look of Magnums - always have!

Hi Dave, no rubbing issues at all and I'm running with a stock suspension.

The color Is Maroon with a Maroon interior.Kinda rare by what I've been told. Ford calls it "vermillion"...lol.

Vermillion was used strangely by Ford. In 69, the interiors were just called "red", near as I can tell. I don't see the term Vermillion used for 69s often. In 1970, Vermillion and Calypso Coral were used somewhat interchangably, from what the charts look like, vermillion being an orange red. My 70 Grande is a Calypso Coral car with e Vermillion interior.  It didn't lessen the confusion any when they would give different names to the same color after a model year change, or they would give Mercury different names.

Magnum 500's are always nice on these cars.  I wished there was an aluminum Magnum 500 wheel that actually looked correct.  For a steel wheel I actually prefer the chrome Styled Steel Wheels which were originally on Mach 1's.

What do you mean by looking correct? What is off on them? I saw a set of dynacorns on CJ. 

I bought chrome ones made by Vintage Wheels and they rusted badly within 3 years while sitting in the garage (of course they wouldn't warranty) so aluminum really interests me.