Als69

New guy from nor cal

Hi guys, someone off FB sent me here so maybe I can get some info on my 69. I bought my wrecked 69 fastback a couple years ago and now I'm finally starting to get to it soon. So I have trying to get more research on it. 302 car with ac, power discs auto car with a posi 8 in rear end. But the DSO is 91 which is for export but the car has been in Cali it's whole life and never left overseas. It's not a Tcode car but for another country. I was going to get a marti report done anyways but not sure how detailed the deluxe report is for the export part

Welcome to the site Al. For lots of good info on your 69 go to:

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

A guy named Kevin Marti purchased tons of info from Ford and provides it to you in a "Marti Report". You can also enter the info from your data plate on the drivers door jamb at this site:

http://www.mustangdecoder.com/

Some data plates are from replacement doors and not accurate. Now we're gonna need some info on you like where you live and some pics of your car please. This is a friendly bunch of guys who will provide valuable info.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm in Sacramento california. I got my fastback a couple years ago. A yard find sitting under a tree for 10 years, she fired right up with gas and checking the oil to get it on the trailer. I'll see if I can post a picture with my phone since I'm at work on break. I've owned lots of mustang but I got this 69 my most fav year and will never own another year besides my one of 551 1998 cobra mustang

I got some pictures ill be putting up of what she looked like the day my friend sent me the picture of what he found under a tarp hidden from sight at a friends house.

The day my friend sent me the pic when he was his friends house
23tmmte.jpg

The day I got her running and on the trailer, paid 600 cash for her, the prior owner was my friend at the end of this plus i did some labor at the shop to earn the car
29cxstj.jpg

21odgsl.jpg

2mfkizm.jpg

15un1f.jpg

Hmm...looks like a Mach 1 with the quarter panel medallion. Look on your date plate lower left for body code, 63C is a Mach 1. Sacto? That terrain looks further east towards Auburn.

post-5441-0-13130700-1422426737.jpg

Im like 30 min from Sacramento, up highway 50 east from sac. not many people know where Placerville is surprisingly which is where Im at so i say im in sac
I'll have to take another look at my door plate. Its been a while since I took a look at it   

So i took a peek in the dark since its been a while and its a 63A so its just a sportsroof car
door plate reads 63A F 2A 04L 91 3 W
 I decoded it a long time ago but forgot exaxctly what I had

Too bad I didn't get his other 69 sport roof car, 390 4spd GT drag pak car with factory radio/ ac delete but he wouldn't let it go

Thanks for the welcome

Yeah it's a mystery of a export car but it's here in the states

She needs lots of metal, I've added up to 4300 in metal to rebuild a entire rear half of the car, both frame rails are shot and cracked, floors are gone and shock tower is toast so she needs love

She needs lots of metal, I've added up to 4300 in metal to rebuild a entire rear half of the car, both frame rails are shot and cracked, floors are gone and shock tower is toast so she needs love

If you've got to go that far you might want to consider adding convertible inner rockers. Adds a boat load of stiffness. I and others have installed them. Now when I jack up the car from the side, both front and rear wheels come off the floor without any flexing of the chassis. Street or Track seeks some nice ones and has a how to article. http://www.streetortrack.com/Installing-convertible-rockers-into-a-65-68-p-14.html

Thanks Ill keep that in mind. Definitely will help after she gets cut apart and back together on a frame wrack.  I have a guy coming out to vin verify to get a title started at DMV

Do not let DMV charge you back fees ,there are no back fees in California on vehicles 25 years of age or collector vehicles .There is also no non op needed .They will charge you the fees if you do not argue with them .Make sure you tell them you are a collector of classic cars . If they do argue with you ask them to look it up on the computer and watch their face turn red .I have done several classic cars and never paid a back fee on a classic car in California. California screws a lot of people on these so called back fees .

Thanks for the info! I've located the second vin under the driver side fender for the vin verify and they match so thats no worries.  The car was last registered in 1993 so 22 years ago and it must have fallen out of the system but Ill definitely keep that in mind cause they are just trying to steal the hardworking mans dollar.

Don't know how I missed your original post but welcome. Always great to see another one saved, I'm surprised if it's been in CA all it's life that it has that much rust but I guess any car left out to the elements will rot out shy of the desert.

Hopefully you get a Marti report and it gives some insight to the non exported export thingy, that could have a cool story behind it.

Thanks for the welcome!
I may be buying and a top loader combo deal. My friend just picked up a 67 coupe and the guy threw into the deal a 302 2bbl complete and a 351 4bbl that he had no idea what he had and a top loader. I want the 4bbl 351 Cleveland but how can I decode the castings? The top loader is missing its metal tag for my decoding chart and I saw casting numbers with fords oval on it. what numbers mean what on the trans. its all original including the shift boot that's perfect shape with a hurst