Sign in to follow this  
Print Dad

First pixs of new color

Hello All,

My wife and I are excited with the new color of the car.

Some of you may know we have owned the car for about 38 years and

when we purchased it - it was Black. I still think it was a cool color for

the car. Several months ago we finally decided to paint the car. At first

we were going to paint it black and then got to thinking about the original

color as this car is matching numbers even down to the 3 speed stick  LOL

Anyway - today we went to see the car as progress is being made with the color.

Yes is is Grabber Green and it still needs a lot of work but she is getting there.

During this job we are replacing anything that looks so so - that is the reason for

the new floors - sure they could have been patched but what the heck we are

getting old, our son is now married and time for us to spend a little on our car.

Oh I should mention that our 08 is black on black so we still have a black Mustang

to drive  but we just feel the time was right for the new look.

Here are a few pictures taken today (gotta figure how to fix the dates on the cameras )

The Mach stripes will be painted so there still is a lot of work but we are excited

I wanted to also thank a lot of people on this forum that have helped me over the years

with information, ideas and suggestions

Be well 

Print Dad  (Jim)

post-12972-0-79366300-1422075468.jpg

post-12972-0-71479000-1422075501.jpg

post-12972-0-25398700-1422075514.jpg

post-12972-0-63147200-1422075543.jpg

White is actually colorless and not a color at all. Black is all the colors mixed together.

I picked that up black was considered colorless during the physics semester course on optics and light.  It made sense at the time relating to light, colors, and wavelengths for the different colors.

But, I've noticed most of my thoughts and ideas are out of line with most other members on this forum.

I picked that up black was considered colorless during the physics semester course on optics and light.  It made sense at the time relating to light, colors, and wavelengths for the different colors.

But, I've noticed most of my thoughts and ideas are out of line with most other members on this forum.

I don't, I think you are brilliant. Most of what you say makes complete sense to me. While I am not an engineer I worked very closely with the Mech and Electrical Engineers where I worked for 40+ years so I had a lot of hands on Engineer experience. I was I guess, the liaison between the Engineers and  Manufacturing.  So I caught it from both ends. 

Dave

Dave

Very nice color!

www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/are-black-and-white-colors

Black is not a color; a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them to the eyes

most of my thoughts and ideas are out of line with most other members on this forum.

Welcome to my world :)

Nice... cant wait to spray mine that color...Looks like Keystone rims...

Every time I run across your video I have to play it a couple of times.

BTW  Print Dad   Nice color..      Mine also has the finish paint on and next thing is suspension and the rest of the body assembled

which is very scary when have lots of opportunity to  scratch up the new paint.  LOL  

Dave

Thanks for the vote of confidence det0326.  First time I saw 69vert's video was last night.  I watched it 3 times.  He's really got that car dialed in.  It makes a nice straight clean pass.

RPM, nice to know I am not alone when it may seem to others my ideas are out in left field.

Excellent choice and a great color.  I wanted to paint mine that color for about the first 2 years I owned my Mach.  I still think it's a gorgeous combination with the Mach 1 rockers and hood and trunk stripes.  I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together when you're done.

Hello All,

I am pretty excited about the new color and I thank you all for the kind words.

I think BLACK was great on the car and made the car look mean and sporty.

Now I think the new color will change the look to a more "classy" ride. I may take

time to get over the black BUT I think I am really gonna like green for the new 30 years,/

Pak - you getting slammed with snow like us? I guess we will be getting 30 inches.

Looks like the Mach will not be home for a bit LOL

I plan to take the car to more shows up your way this year - if something is coming

let me know plz.

Take care all - and Thanks again

Jim