Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

My next project

I have always wanted a 70's F-250 4x4 Highboy, well I picked one up the other day from the original owner on a Farm in Kansas. It's a 1974 with 84000 original miles, the 360 blew so a 390 was installed that has approx 50000 miles.

Here she is:

IMG_0061_zps3f956366.jpg

IMG_0062_zpsede05055.jpg

IMG_0063_zps37627bab.jpg

I bought a 78 short bed 2 wheel drive  in 1984 and put a 428 CJ in it ,i still have it parked behind my shop .I loved that old truck . I used it as a prerunner at SCORE races for Scott Douglas And Chuck Johnson racing for several years ,some day i will restore it .

Thanks for the kind words.

I didn't realize it at first, but when I had more time to inspect, the PO welded a 1/2" sheet of metal  top of the frame, between the frame rails.  He ran a weld bead the length of the frame. I think the bed sits on top of the frame so I'd have to grind off the welds which would take forever.  I was thinking putting dual wheels in the back.

As for the seat, I also didn't realize the importance of the plywood until I sat down w/o it and got a spring caught on my seat.

I like that's truck AND the bed! I had a 9 foot wooden bed on my 66 Chevy with swapped out one ton axles and suspension that once hauled two pallets of concrete blocks. And also that my VW sand rail would just fit on. My dad also had a sweet home built Diamond plate bed on his 71 power wagon with 1 ton suspension.