Sign in to follow this  
Wycked69

Has anyone figured out how to access prior Threads

I know the site is new and I'm still feeling my way around. I was wondering if anyone has figured out how you access the "subscribed threads" of the prior site you had saved? At the same time, how does one go about subscribing to threads on the new site? 

Rick

Rick,

I do not know how to access the subscribed threads, but as far as subscribing to new threads if you look above your post here you will see a black box that says reply to this topic look just above that box there is another box that says follow this topic with a little symbol of a person & a number of how many people are following that particular topic.

Click on your name in the very top right of the page, in the drop down hit Content Follow.  Dont know if the threads copied over correctly as I didnt have any to start but I just tested a new one and it works.

Also to subscribe hit the Follow this Topic at the top right of that thread.  It walks you through when you want notifications.

Thanks Guy's. The post on the pot metal interested me so I did as you said and clicked on "Follow This Topic" and it works.

As for the prior subscribed threads, I am thinking they must have spent a lot of time getting this site up and running and I'm (hoping) that its another one of those areas that they will address once other things are working as they should.

Like any new major software installation / conversion, there are things to work out. I don't know who all is involved in this project but I appreciate all their hard work.

Yeah.... al the site links included in past posts do not work now.... I wonder if there is a solution to this?

Thanks Guy's. The post on the pot metal interested me so I did as you said and clicked on "Follow This Topic" and it works.

As for the prior subscribed threads, I am thinking they must have spent a lot of time getting this site up and running and I'm (hoping) that its another one of those areas that they will address once other things are working as they should.

Like any new major software installation / conversion, there are things to work out. I don't know who all is involved in this project but I appreciate all their hard work.

What site links are you referring to? If it's linking to the old forum posts, then no, they will not work.

I'll look into the subscriptions issue but I'm fairly certain the answer is that they cannot be carried over.

What site links are you referring to? If it's linking to the old forum posts, then no, they will not work.

I'll look into the subscriptions issue but I'm fairly certain the answer is that they cannot be carried over.

Yes, linking to old forum posts.  I figured it wouldn't be possible.  Not a huge deal.