bswor

New Forums are finally up!

I, too, like what you have done but agree that there is too much white.  Looking forward to the new options as it relates to skin choices.

A real positive is I can now see much better the date and time that a post was generated.

Good Job!

BT

Just logged in on my tablet real quick to see if we were up yet or not, very pleasantly surprised! I'm sure there will be lots of adjustments to make for all of us and for the site as well as we plug along but for me to have all our history in tact and hopefully little to no spam for a while is more than I can ask for now.

Thanks so much Ben, the New Year is off to a good start!

Looks very good!

Edit, How come I see 0 warning points under my post, count and not on other peoples?

Just posted and see that under mine as well. I don't see it under yours or anybody else though maybe we can just see our own. Weird

Dave 

0 warning points maybe a good thing. If you do something on the forum you aren't suppose to do you get spanked for it and accumulate points for it.  LOL 

Any particular color scheme? I'll be adding user selectable skins at a later date which will let you customize the look.

Hello 

just wondering about the pictures/albums on our build threads. Will this be added at a later date or do we need to reload?

Thanks Ben for all the work. 

Dave

I'm aware you have more work to do, but is there currently a way for us to subscribe go a thread? I don't see an option.

BTW, how do all you guys know Bswor's name is Ben? Did I miss the memo?

I'm aware you have more work to do, but is there currently a way for us to subscribe go a thread? I don't see an option.

BTW, how do all you guys know Bswor's name is Ben? Did I miss the memo?

At the top right there is a button called "Follow this topic"  , it is kind of hiding but it is there.

I've posted my name in a few thread's i guess... You go by robert or bob?  

Hello 

just wondering about the pictures/albums on our build threads. Will this be added at a later date or do we need to reload?

Thanks Ben for all the work. 

Dave

Are you missing images in your build thread? At this time it looks like we will need to take our photo's and reupload them manually from the old gallery to the new one.  However I can get in touch with their sales department and for the right price they can make it happen from what I've read.  I'll have to see what that magic number is.

I definitley welcome the new site, thanks for getting it done Ben. It seems like it has more of the soical networking feel like Facebook. I agree the contrasting with the default white background tends to wash out the page. The ability to plug in a skin (background and theme colors) of your choice will be a big plus.

One of the things I thought vBulletin sites was missing was the ability to go to the forums and with one click get all threads I had posted to that had new responses. This feature is found in many other free PHP based forum products and I am glad to see its built-in to the Invision product. You can do this by clicking on your name at the top and then "my content". It also looks like you can do this within each forum by applying "Custom" filter and hit the drop down for "show topic type" and change to "Topics I started" or "Topics I replied to".

I welcome the new functionality and look forward to transitioning to this new face lift. Also would be cool to possibly consider a new custom banner in the masthead at top of the page. The graphic below is from BoardsbyNick but something along these lines where various 69 model images are morphed into a letter-box style collage would be cool.

4906042_orig.jpg