Sign in to follow this  
motorhead91

need help!!!

coupe/fastback/convertible? Unless you have a convertible you shouldn't have to add any bracing to replace the floor. This assumes that your outer rockers are okay along with the roof, rear subframe area around the floorboard and torque boxes.

david

If your torque boxes are still solid you can support the car at those four points. Just be careful and make sure it is stable and on solid level surface. Get it up about two feet off the ground so you can get underneath and work on it. Be safe and take it slow. If it is a convertible you will need to add a bar from the "A" pillar to the "B" pillar. Basically you want to replace the strength the missing doors add to the structure during this operation. B.

I supported mine with 6 jack stands... maybe 8. No other bracing. Just don't go trying to move it until you get the floor back in and you will be fine. Even then, it probably won't hurt anything, but no reason to risk it.

I been spinning mine around on a rotisserie for a year with no floor. It hasn't moved at all, not even a little bit, they are very rigid. Just finished mocking up a complete floor pan peeping for final install and it fits perfect.

If your torque boxes are in bad shape I'd be cautious. Otherwise out with the old in with the new.:punk:

I been spinning mine around on a rotisserie for a year with no floor. It hasn't moved at all, not even a little bit, they are very rigid. Just finished mocking up a complete floor pan peeping for final install and it fits perfect.

If your torque boxes are in bad shape I'd be cautious. Otherwise out with the old in with the new.:punk:

Wow thats great to know! Cant wait to start tearing into it this weekend!

I supported mine with 6 jack stands... maybe 8. No other bracing. Just don't go trying to move it until you get the floor back in and you will be fine. Even then, it probably won't hurt anything, but no reason to risk it.

Awesome thanks for the help! Feeling really good about this

coupe/fastback/convertible? Unless you have a convertible you shouldn't have to add any bracing to replace the floor. This assumes that your outer rockers are okay along with the roof, rear subframe area around the floorboard and torque boxes.

david

Exactly. I did a 1 piece floorpan and didn't have to add any extra bracing.

As everybody else has said, no bracing required.

Ive done quite a few full floors including my own a couple of months ago.

Never had a problem with any of them moving around as long as the rest is pretty solid, go for it.