rodbrady

Tire size for 17" wheels

hopefully those have around 4 3/4 back space otherwise you will be more limited on tire selection . . if they are offset to the inside more than this, you can use 5/16" wheel spacers if you need.

i would look at 245 x 50 - 17 = 26.6 tall x 9.7 wide . . same height and width as 245 x 60 - 15.

Edited by barnett468

I did a LOT of research here on the Site (and in other places).

Like you are apparently doing, I chose to go with the same size tires at all four corners (got the big and little on my "race" car).

Anyway, I went with the 4.5" backspace and 245/45 at all four corners.

BT

The Foose Legends have 4.5" backspace.

are you sure? . . all i saw was 1 inch offset which should be either 3 or 5 inch backspace depending on which way they are offset . .if that is the case then 245 x 50 might hit when the wheel is turned and the suspension iss compressed . . the only way to be sure is remove a front spring then install one wheel and tire and compress the suspension 2 inches at a time with a floor jack turning the wheel to full lock in both drections each time . . .. mt

Edited by barnett468

So, any suggestions on actual tires? This is going to be a daily driver - no racing.

I had nexen 3000s good tire, but I didn't like the thread. I know hankooks are good, but you also have BFGoodrich, I have BFG sport comp 2's really good tire!

so, any suggestions on actual tires? This is going to be a daily driver - no racing.

for no racing, hankooks and kuhmos are very good for the price . . There are better, higher traction tires out there but it sounds to me that those are an unnecessary expense for your app . . If you can get goodyears for the same price as the ones i mentioned, i would use those instead.

On 1/12/2015 at 5:48 PM, MustangChuck said:

I'm running 235/45/17 and 275/40/17 on mine. I have 17" 1997 Mustang GT rims with a 1" spacer.

Chuck

Hi, what widt are your rims? I just ordered 17x10.5 and 17x9 (front) and I'm not sure if they will fit in my 69 coupe

1 hour ago, Berto77 said:

Hi, what widt are your rims? I just ordered 17x10.5 and 17x9 (front) and I'm not sure if they will fit in my 69 coupe

@Berto77 this post is from 2015,  it would be best to start a new thread. 

I have 18x9/10 fr500s on my 69 coupe, but you will need to run a wheel adapter/spacer. If you buy those type of wheels, buy from 94-04 mustang wheel. you may need a 1" spacer in front and 1/2 in the back, but that depends on your brake setup. Assuming if you are on a disc/drum setup.