mustangmike6996

Things are starting to come together

On 6/10/2017 at 6:19 AM, Mach1 Driver said:

No kidding... but without pictures there's no proof !

Pictures were hard to come by working in Prototype Development, but I'll try to come up with some stuff I'm working on for my own stuff...

Edited by mwye0627
Replied to double posts

It's been a long couple months.  Found metal in my oil.  When I upgraded to the 351 roller retrofit cam, I missed the part about installing a 2-peice fuel pump eccentric.  It wore into the timing cover and ate up the bearings.  New set of bearings, checked clearances and assembled.  I put some other goodies on it as well.  It got a T-sump Canton oil pan and an Edelbrock water pump.  Runs much better and cooler now.  Oil looks good so far.

I needed to replace a wheel stud and noticed a little play in the lower ball joint.  They were new about 7 years ago and only have about 200 miles on them.  So I need new lower ball joints or control arms.

Any suggestions on replacements? 

Should I upgrade to an aftermarket product like Global West tubular

What about replacing the ball joint by itself?

Or getting a replacement lower control arm (which brand should I go with)  I see Rare Parts, Precision, and Duralast (It looks like I might be able to get Moog for $55) are the only main options from parts stores.

What about boxing in the lower control arms myself?  Is it worth it?