1969vert

New christmas shop toy

You're going to love the hoist! I bought a 2 post a couple of years ago (right after a 3 year resto of my sons 65 fastback, doh!) Don't know why I waited so long to buy one, they aren't expensive...use it ALL the time. You will get a whole bunch of new friends now too!

You're going to love the hoist! I bought a 2 post a couple of years ago (right after a 3 year resto of my sons 65 fastback, doh!) Don't know why I waited so long to buy one, they aren't expensive...use it ALL the time. You will get a whole bunch of new friends now too!

You are not kidding about the new friends .I bought a 2 post lift ,should have done it years ago .Every one wants to use it . No more crawling in the dirt and laying on your back .Best $2,100. i ever spent ,and i want another one .Wonder if i could charge a lifting fee ?

6'11" is the post height... Got the short version so I can roll it out of the shop and do nasty jobs on the driveway..Wife permiting.. After the transmissions are done..was going to stack one mustang on top of another...see if I can get more room in the shop..I bought this from gregs smith equipment...2k cheapest one out there with all the accessorys..went and picked it up so didnt pay shipping..wheels drip pans jack tray...havent put a car on it yet.. Going to in a few days...got to move the whole shop around to get one car out..sure would be nice if the car had forward...damn front drum..Oh by the way it took me 3 days to get it together by myself and a engine hoist and car skates...found out who my friends are though..HA. HA.

My brother and i stood mine up,those suckers are heavy .I Was afraid we would drop one of the posts trying to stand them up.We threw ropes over the rafters and tied them to the posts to stand them ,it was fairly simple after that .The hardest part was adjusting the cables .

I dream of garages like most of you guys have...

Most suburban garages here are just singles, if you even get one... Sizes have come down as housing density goes up - a friend of mine bought a new build some years ago and was stunned that he couldn't get his family compact (right term I hope! in widthways, and then realised it was 2' short anyway!

I'm lucky, my 69 just fits but I have to park tight to the drivers side and far enough in to avoid a brick pillar to then allow me to just get the passenger door open enough to slide in.

I dare not jack the car from the side, it would be enough to rotate it in to the pillar the other side! Not that I've got enough space to work on it anyway...

One day though!

Tim

IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg

PS - its a LOT tidier in there now!

When i built my shop i didn't even consider putting in a lift .I got lucky and the roof peak was 2 feet above my lift with a car on it .I had to modify the trusses a bit but that wasn't much .The problem i had was the lift is close to the side of the shop so it is tight working on one side ,still beats rolling in the dirt .I moved the devider wall in the middle of my shop over 3 feet so the other end has more room ,i want to add another lift there .It is a 3 car wide shop but with the lift i can keep 4 in it now with one on the lift .Another lift and i can keep 5 inside .The other side of the shop can hold four cars on the ground ,already have two in it .

I had my shop full before it was finished .I bought a couple of the quicky built car ports to keep the rest of them covered for now .1 stays full time in my paint booth so painting is out until spring .If i don't put another lift in my shop i will lay a slab and put another one outside .

100_0681_zpscbf8a616.jpg

I am also cramped in a 1 car garage. Most of the time as long as the weather is nice I work out in the driveway.

Boy, do I wish my one car garage was that clean! I'm going to have to look into that MaxJax lift, I still have to put the tranny and exhaust back on, that alone would pay for itself.