Sign in to follow this  
rharden

1969-70 Fastback Roof Rail Weather Stripping Issue.

I started this post back over a year ago. I have tried to fit these rubber moldings, rear side windows and interior panels every way I can. I never did get a good fit, no matter what I did. When I installed the interior panel (the ones made of fiber glass) and then measure the distance the distance between the edge of the panel and the boomerang chrome molding, I get at least 1 3/16" on both sides. This means the rubber molding would have to be at least 1 1/4" wide along the bottom of the side window. The ones I have are not that wide, and I couldn't find any that were. I ended up taking the rubber used to install over the weld seam on the rear wheel houses, as installed in the trunk, and cut it in half length wise and to the correct length. I glued it to the inner part of the rubber roof rail molding, just where the rubber is to lap over the interior panel. It covers perfectly, looks good and there is no gap! It's not stock, but I don't care. My doors shut fine and I'm happy.